Thursday, November 5, 2009

Our Halloween 2009

We were so excited for Rook and Alexa this year. Rook put his costume on at least once a day. Alexa only had blood curdling screams when I even picked up her costume. Luckily she stopped crying after about 10 minutes when I finally got her in it. Then she fell down on a tinker toy and gouged her cheek. She only cried 5 minutes for that.

We went to our ward trunk or treat with our friends Alex and Charidee. We thought we'd be so funny and dress up like them. Charidee is a big rodeo queen and Alex grew up with country so we thought we were so clever. They laughed and thought it was cute, but their baby McKenlee was sick so they only stayed for a minute. It just wasn't as funny to say who we were when they weren't standing right there next to us.
The kids had so much fun saying trick or treat and going gaga over all the candy that was in their possession. Alexa would just pick one piece and work forever on getting it open. In the end she just decided to eat the paper before I realized how far she'd gotten.

Back at home Rook had fun trick or treating with his friends in the neighborhood. I think here they're showing off their super powers. Isaac had the power of smell...Benjamin the power of seeing through anything...and Rook...the power to wilt people with a single dirty look and a flick of his arm spikes. Luckily it was great weather and they really had fun seeing all the "scary" decorations people put out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like Alexa has a lot of hair! Does she? She's so pretty. Sorry to hear about her little bum.

Katrina said...

Fun times. That is so funny you dressed up like the Lunds. I love them. I am glad your kids had a fun time. They look so cute in their costumes!

Anna said...

Cute idea with the costumes..too bad they couldn't stay.