Saturday, November 14, 2009

Alexa Bree Whomper Stiltskin

Alexa is also called many things. Whompers is one of our favorite, yet we're not sure where it came from. Lexy Lou, Lexa girl, Breezy and sweet pea. She is starting a new phase of being silly and laughing so hard at herself. I'm amazed at how funny she is without even trying. She loves to pick out her clothes...unfortunately. She still loves to be held while sucking her thumb and holding one of her many blankets. She LOVES to dance and play ball. She throws a ball very well and kicks a ball even better.

Alexa loves to run away from me whenever I suggest we do something. "Let's take off your jammies"...run away. "Let's change your diaper"...run away. "Let's get in the bath"...Her favorite place to hide is behind this kitchen in Rook's room. She bee-lines for the corner and jumps through the archway and crouches behind the sink. I love it. To get her out...I say "let's read a book"...comes running, "Let's get some Chocolate"...sprints for my arms, "let's go get daddy"...squeals while running for my room.

Alexa loves to climb on everything. Just like Rook still does. We had to put the highchair in the garage because she kept climbing up the front and it would tip over. So she is now a resident of the kitchen table and she loves to eat with the family.

Alexa points to her diaper and says "stink" when she has gone poop. I'm loving that notice and hope that will translate into early potty training. She also says "ALL DONE" pretty well. She just says it for everything. Most of the time correctly when she is done eating, bathing, sleeping. But also, in the middle of church or in the car...not so easy to get her out of that.

Another favorite word is please. Here she is at her place at the table saying "PLEASE". I used to prompt her, but now if she wants something bad enough, she just says it over and over. Rook had the best idea to finish all the halloween candy..."isn't that the best idea mom?" Sure Rook, let's get rid of it.

Here's Alexa enjoying her favorite food. Chocolate. Seriously, don't mess with her chocolate, I tried to take it out of her mouth to take a picture and this is the look I got. Oh she's got some stingers. I wonder where she gets them from...
I'm so in love with this little girl. Heavenly Father knew what I needed before I even knew I needed her. She's getting a little harder and easier both with time. I love the journey right now with these two little kids. I understand why I need them to perfect myself. All my best and worst come out...everyday it seems like.
I sure appreciate my mom so much more these days. And I thought I already appreciated her. Turns out I had no idea what a saint she was...and still is.

4 comments:

Katrina said...

I can't believe how big she is getting! Wasn't she born like a few weeks ago :) It seriously goes by too fast. I told Reg that I want to wrap Harlee up, like some cultures wrap their feet, to keep her my baby forever!

I still am so in love with my blanket. I love how everywhere I take it people ask me where I got it and people who see pictures of it go nuts and want to make one just like it. Thanks again!!

Anonymous said...

The last picture with chocolate in her mouth is hilarious! When are you having another one again? Whenever I dream about Layla, she looks like Alexa:)

Anna said...

She is darling. Funny thing is what you wrote about her I could say ditto to everything as it perfectly describes Paisley.

Becky said...

I loved catching up on your family! It seems it has been a long time since I have had to puruse blogs. I am really supposed to be doing my payroll now, but needed a break. Anyway, your kids are so fun to read about. Alexa is so pretty. . .and grown up! I love all the stories and am so impressed you are taking the time to write them down. Miss you guys! See you at Christmas time?