Sunday, November 22, 2009

How do Christmas ornaments make it through Childhood?

Seems harmless? They love to put their feet on the table, especially when I ask them NOT to 15 times. Alexa just does it to be funny and then Rook does it too. Usually it's the other way around. I've started to put Alexa in timeout too. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.
You can see our Christmas tree in the background. I debated about whether or not to put it up. I knew Alexa would want to pull everything off and I wasn't sure I wanted to have the stress. But since my parents are coming for Thanksgiving, I wanted to be festive.


I let them decorate the tree and put the ornaments on. I decided to not put any fragile ones on just in case...so I thought. The minute they finished putting the ornaments on, they started taking them off and running around the house with them. Well Alexa thought it would be funny to take the tree down too...so she did. All the ornaments came crashing to the ground along with the tree. Luckily nobody was hurt...just my 2 favorite ornaments that I thought would be safe at the very top. I actually started to get teary. One of them was a wedding present from a dear friend and it broke in 3 places. I put Alexa in timeout so I could collect myself and pick the tree up. I talked to both of them about not touching the tree or it would be timeout time. It's a little better, but I'm already regretting putting it up in the first place.

So another side note, in this picture they are having a late night feast before bed. They both ate a ton of dinner and then Alexa went to bed at 7 and Rook and I were reading books. Well about 745 Alexa started sreaming. I don't know if she ever went to sleep or just woke up, but we went and checked on her. I thought I'll just let her have a drink or something and she ate 2 things of string cheese, a hotdog, 3 graham crackers and drank a whole cup of milk. So Rook did too. They must be growing.

2 comments:

Angela said...

i am so worried about putting our tree up. we didn't put it up last year because we were in the middle of moving. i am so worried that jasper is going to pull the whole thing over because it is a cheap wal-mart clearance tree and is not stable. i have thought about wrapping a couple 25 lb bags of flour and sticking them on top of the stand for stability.

Anna said...

Their bedtime snack is my kid's whole daily diet. I can't get my kids to eat at all. Strange!