Joe had the whole month of August off. So with a little time off, we decided to run up to Utah and visit with our families. We tried to plan fun activities everyday and we got some good fun in, but mostly we just hung out with cousins at Grandma's houses...which ended up being heaven on earth for my kids.
I visited with 2 of my old BYU roommates. Brandi on the left and Lana on the right. Brandi was my mission companion in Argentina. Lana served in Argentina at the same time, just another mission. When we got home we decided to all live together. We introduced Lana to Mark and they got married. Lana is pregnant with her first baby after 15 years of trying to get pregnant. She is due anyday and I'm so excited for her. She's having a little girl and naming her Lucy. They have a son, Gabe, that they adopted who is 4. It was soo much fun to catch up with them. They are just good, strong women who are raising their kids and trying to be the best they can be.
While at Grandma Penny's we visited with Joe's side of the cousins. Our kids Love their cousins on both sides and they are finally understanding the difference between Joe's family and their kids and my family and their kids. It's fun to see it click in their heads that they are a product of 2 families and we have moms and dads that are grandparents.

Uncle Joe with Phillip
Cousin Hallie
Cousin Mya.
Rook and Alexa with their new Hero Books from Grandma Penny--to help them be reverent at church...yeah right.

Grandma Penny and Little Elyn.
My family did a fun night with everyone together. We did an "I remember when" for Jason before he started BYU the next day. Tamsyn was there from Germany. We had a great time. Of course, I didn't take any pictures, because I'm awesome like that.
1 comment:
I like that picture of Layla and me, will you send it to me? Also, your kids are so stinkin cute!
Post a Comment