Thursday, March 17, 2011

I think I just need to stop crying

Me or Alexa? Aexa said it, but man I can relate. Joe had a huge test scheduled for next week. The Practical part of Step 2. He and some classmates/neighbors made plans to all go together, got airfare, hotel, rental car...only to find out they were scheduled for this Tuesday, not next Tuesday and they all missed it. They made some changes to accomodate a 3rd person, but printed out the original confirmation by accident...it was a sad, expensive day. I'm over it.

My kids had a busy weekend and ended up getting fevers and Rook had a couple of rounds of vomit. The surprising thing to me everytime they get sick, is that they are so pleasant. Even when they are throwing up. They just want to be held or wrapped up tight.

Alexa had a fever and a little congestion, but not vomit. She was coughing one night and kind of whining and I went in to see what was the matter. I said "Alexa what do you need?" She said, "My nose is stuffy so I can't suck my thumb, so I think I just need to stop crying". I've told her when she cries it makes her nose run. So I said "What can I do for you?" and she said "Mom, I just need you to help me feel better". What do you say to that? All I could do was hold her until she fell asleep.

Meanwhile, my sister Alisyn came down with her family and they stopped by for a quick visit on Tuesday afternoon. Ty had a job interview here and they were just killing time while he interviewed. Wouldn't that be awesome if they moved here by us? Oh man, I would love it.

At first, Sisley and Mimi just kind of looked at Rook and Alexa while they showed them every toy they possessed and then after about 10 minutes they were laughing and playing so good that they didn't want to leave.

Here Mimi is showing us the correct way to eat an Otter Pop. "You have to take off the wrapper" she said.

6 comments:

trisha said...

love hearing quotes from the mouths of babes. your kids are so sweet. i know where they get it from too :)

Becky said...

I love hearing what your kids say. I wish I would think to write down funny things my kids say. I am still laughing at Rooks comment about having a laser, or whatever it was for an arm. I am sorry to hear about Joe's test and the expensive mistake. Did he still get to take it? Your mom dropped off the quilt you made for Ada on Saturday. I LOVE it! The colors are so fun and it is beautiful. Thank you!

Anna said...

Can't believe the mess up in schedules. Oh man! We've had a few mess ups here as well - and of course they have all been expensive ones too. It's so hard not to be mad for-like-forever. :)

LaurynandJonny said...

They say the funniest things. What would you want to appear everytime you said the word?

The Jones Fam said...

I'm impressed that Alexa remembered what you said and tried to implement it :) you've been lucky to have a lot of family around lately!

Brittany said...

Oh man that stinks about the test! Sounds like you got over it fast... Life just happens. It is what it is, right?
That would be so fun if you had family living close... I'll be jealous if it happens... Happy for you of course, but jealous. I'd love to live by family... Maybe someday. Btw how are you feeling these days? Take care!