Learned to swim, started to read, colors inside the lines with lots of different colors, builds really tall towers with blocks and legos, knows all the prophets and apostles, says his prayers every night, is so happy to share toys with friends, learned his numbers, learned his vowels, learned to fold clothes, learned to sweep and collect with a dustpan, learned to put away dishes, and learned to be more obedient. We sure love having such a big, good boy around the house.
Rook's birthday was on Sunday this year and he had a party last year so we decided to just have brownies and ice cream with a few friends.
We told everyone no gifts...and of course some people just don't listen.
Rook got some great gifts and still enjoys playing with them all. We didn't have any Who's Your Hero books before Alison Kowalski gave us this one and our kids LOVE them. They apply the scripture in a kid's way and Rook and Alexa never let us miss reading scriptures every night. There are 5 total, so we got some more for them for Christmas. Rook loves playing with the jump rope, even though he doesn't know how to jump over it. One of the good things about Rook is he is very grateful for whatever he gets and has as much fun as he can with it.
A few weeks before his birthday we met my parents in St. George and my mom gave him his present early. BUGS, BUGS, and more BUGS. He loves bugs and some float, while others sink. Perfect for the pool.
Rook loves to be cuddled at night and especially loves us to tickle his armpit. He loves to play "bat-hands" with dad. He loves dad's phone and he loves school. He has a book of homework and can sit for hours doing each page. Rook loves to sit on my lap and look at pictures and videos of himself then lean over and kiss my on my cheek and say "I love you mom." I love you too Rook.
3 comments:
I can't believe Rook is starting to read! He sounds like Eliza--a huge desire to learn. Isaac, on the other hand, has NO DESIRE whatsoever to learn to read. Talk about opposites. I liked your thoughts about not yelling. I don't yell often, but when I do, I feel terrible! I am going to try to see how long I can go without yelling too. Hopefully I make it through January. :)
Ahhh, what a big, good boy. So cute. Benj is getting more affectionate and grown-up in his behavior too. I'm loving it.
That is one smart cookie you've got there! And very handsome.
Post a Comment