Saturday, January 8, 2011

So why have I been such a slacker?

I haven't been on top of my blog since October and the thing I missed most was reading other people's. I felt like I had no idea what was going on with anyone and no matter how much I wanted to catch up, everything else I had to do was so much heavier. If I sat down on my computer at all, I would check my email, then work on my calling, pay bills, and then 2 hours had gone by and I was past exhaustion and still hoping to get laundry or some sewing done.

So what has been going on?

I am 15 weeks pregnant. the first trimester for me is always scary. I've been pregnant 7 times now and have 2 1/2 kids to show for it. So I try to rest. I limit my exercise. I take Progesterone like crazy. I am super tired and crabby. I yell alot...which is why I started my no yelling goal...see next post. and I struggle to just keep up with life as a medical school wife with 2 kids who has no car and no money. It's a fun challenge. We enjoy the little things, like walking to the neighborhood park and playing dress-up.

I made 25 Christmas table-runners this year. They were by far my most time consuming but they turned out so nice and I'm glad they area done. I finished them Christmas Eve morning.
I made 4 matching skirts for Alexa and some cousins.

I made 6 calendars with pictures of grandkids for Joe's family.

Our whole family has been sick now for 2 weeks...Joe for over a month.

My calling is super intensive with each new year.

I'm not complaining, I guess I'm just trying to justify why I've been a bad friend for 2 months. That's exactly how I feel. I still haven't returned a phone call from my Birthday in December and I want it to be a long conversation because it's an old mission companion and I just haven't felt well enough or had enough "time" to do it right. Boohoo.

So today it's Saturday and I've spent the last 3 hours reading other people's blogs and trying to catch up on mine and my kids have been wanting to play dress up and read books and I try to shuffle them off and zip something up here and read a book there...and I don't know how people do it.

What I do know, is that I felt the true spirit of Christmas this year, despite not getting Christmas cards out again. We had a great visit with both of our families for 1 day each. And We felt so loved and spoiled from friends and family that all we can do is share with those around us. I'll try to post on the holidays sometime today.

8 comments:

Anna said...

You are so talented.
I'm happy for you that you got to spend part of the holidays with your family.
Congratulations on your pregnancy. :)

Katrina said...

Congratulations! You have been way too busy and need to take it easy girlie. PLEASE let me know if you want me to come and get your kids so you can have some down time. Seriously. I would love to.

The Lunds said...

This is a friend of Kacey Gardners. I met you once a LONG time ago. I totally know how you are feeling. I have been pregnant 5 times now and have 2 kids. We just lost one at 18 weeks gestation before Christmas and being pregnant is just a challenge now. I don't know how people do it either. My patience is already as thin as can be! We are also broke as can be and have 1 car. So frustrating at times! I really hope things work out this time around.

Dixie said...

Love the update. Love your openness on life's curve balls. Love you! Congratulations on your pregnancy. I pray all goes well. Your kids are darling and you are great mom...yelling or no yelling. :)

You have truly been busy! I thought you said you were taking it easy. Your talents amaze me. You are so creative and resourceful. I look forward to your holiday card in years to come. :)

Brittany said...

Yeah! I am so glad you posted and I am so excited for you guys and baby number three!
Btw you are far from a slacker. I know you... And you are superwomen? Always busy doing good things. Give yourself a break girl! I wish I was still down the street... I'd love to help you out and just give you a big hug. Hang in there. Love ya!
Keep me posted about the baby. Are you going to find out the sex?

Ashby Family said...

Congratulations! I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriages, I hope being this far a long now it won't be soo scary for you. Your table runners are beautiful, as always : ) I always enjoy seeing you on your adventures without a car. If you ever do need a ride let me know.

Danielle said...

I did not hear that you were pregnant! Yea! I am so excited for you guys. You are an amazing person there is no wonder that blessings fall into you life. Congrats again!

Heather said...

CONGRATS Maridyn! Hoping that all goes well. Hang in there. I don't know how YOU do it, but you do it well.