Thursday, January 27, 2011

January came and went...

All 4 of us were sick for most of January. That made for some pretty crabby, stinky, dizzy, impatient, and boring days. Many of our January days went something like this...build a block tower, knock it down, watch Dora, build a lego tower, knock it down, watch Dora, build a fort, rip it apart, watch Dora, do a puzzle, color a picture, watch Dora...these are the days. Actually it's warming up nicely outside so going to the park is back on the agenda. Yeah! Meanwhile, I read all 4 Twilight books and almost finished Pres Monson's Biography. All of them kept me reading and I liked Pres. Monson's the most, but it's the one that's not done yet...go figure.
Alexa said a couple of funny things lately...Joe came home and needed to use the restroom. He started walking for the door and Alexa said, "Dad, you don't want to go in there, it's really stinky". She would know, the little culprit. She also can get out of most things, or tries to, by using her dolls as her alibi or excuse. Me, "Who knocked this box of cereal over?" Alexa, "Um, I think Pinkalicious did, mom. I'll go put her in time out."
"Alexa will you please go up and go to bed?" "Um, Afton needs me to read her 3 stories okay, and then I can go, OKAY?"
We had Joyschool at our house this week...the letter Q. What do you do with the letter Q? Luckily one of the moms had it last year and told me about the "Marriage".


Rook kept telling Abby, "No we didn't get married Abby, just the letters Q and U".
They decorated and ate wedding cake and read stories or played outside all quickly and quietly.
After that I was all out of ideas so we got out the dress up. I made up a story with each of their characters and then they did one themselves. It was so darling and fun and then time was up. I'll have to remember that for next time.


I found some really cute fabric at quiltique and made another one of the "Vintage" baby quilts. I'm not sure why it's called that but I think they're sure are cute. This one is definitely boy. I wasn't sure about the other fabrics and boys but I've got 3 coming out of this fabric. Luckily nobody in the same state...embarrasing....This is seriously one of the easiest blankets to make.


I made a car seat cover and matching blanket for Anne-Marie Porter in our ward. I had fun with this fabric. Car seat cover was reversible fun and the blanket was just fun to make. It messed with my eyes a little bit.




I have my ulstrasound on Tuesday so hopefully everything will look good and I'll see a little brother or little sister.

3 comments:

The Jones Fam said...

Seriously is crazy that January is almost over! I love that Alexa blames things on her dollies. So cute!

trisha said...

i love the picture of the marriage. What a cute idea. And love that Rook kept reminding her it wasn't him getting married..so funny.

Anna said...

Sorry you have been sick. It must be a requirement for January - we have been sick too.
Love the "QU" marriage lesson. Great idea.
LOVE your vintage quilt. Really cute. It does NOT look easy.
We watch too much tv around here - although my kids don't enjoy Dora - it is more Yo Gabba Gabba or Bearnstein Bears.
Alexa's doll comments kill me. So clever and funny.
Good luck with your ultra-sound. Can't wait to hear!