Thursday, January 14, 2010

Personalities at a glance

Wow, my husband took a lot of pictures with our camera, which we love, by the way. He loves to experiment with lighting, different settings, and the speed frame thingy...that takes like 10 pictures in 3 seconds. It's great for some things, but it's almost like a video...so why not just take a video? I have 15 files on my computer with about 100 pictures in each file. SO many of them are speed frames where the pictures are almost identical. I've been going through and trying to keep the best ones and deleting 15 at a time. It's daunting. BUT as I've gone through the first one, I've really enjoyed reliving these moments. This section I went through tonight had so many pictures that said personality to me. So I'd thought I'd keep them for posterity.

This picture is how I view myself most of the time. My makeup half gone, a zit somewhere on my face. This is my "is it time for bed yet?" face, and my "sure I can make cookies for your class tomorrow" face.

This is Rook being silly. He is so good at it and so darn good looking. He looks just like his daddy. UNfortunately, I rarely get pictures of Joe because he's either taking the pictures, ducking out, or just not there when all the fun is going down.

This is Alexa's, "I just ate some chocolate, now get me out of here" face.


We went to the Ethel M's chocolate factory with Kelsie and Charidee and their kids right before we all left for Christmas. They have a cool cactus garden all decked out in Christmas Lights. Usually the day of the last final we get together and have dinner. Our husbands are all in the same class and we all live on the same street. Notice how Alexa is trying to hold Taylor's hand?

Try to give Alexa knuckles and most likely you will get a huge ball of laughter. I'm not sure why she thinks it's sooo funny. Maybe just the word knuckles. I mean, it is a little funny.


Alexa doing her best impression of pretending to eat food...and then spitting it out again.


Rook has such a determined face in this picture. And that is what Rook is--determined. He will try something over and over until he gets it right. He loves his Skuut bike. He's almost ready for a pedal bike.


Charidee and Alex Lund. They are great friends and this picture sums up--We just finished finals, jury duty, and our baby is not quite sleeping through the night. And we're still so dang happy.

This is classic Kelsie. Always happy. So patient with her (and my) kids. No makeup, just clear skin, straight teeth, and big smile. Kelsie's kids are the exact same ages as mine, except she's having another baby in April and I can't even contemplate getting pregnant yet. They're moving in 2 weeks so they won't be next door anymore. So sad for us.
My goal is to go through one file each night and try to find some good ones to keep and blog about. I'm not sure how long that will take...but just refer to picture number 1 and you'll get an idea about how I feel about it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, I can't even think of what my picture would be right now because I feel soooo different throughout the day. I can't believe how darling Alexa is!

Katrina said...

Cute post!
The picture of Rook on his bike looks just like his daddy!
Where is Kelsie moving to?
I wanted to tell you that my mom was in town this week and she walked the halls with my fussy baby at church while I did my calling. Your primary had left your names on the doors and my mom loves reading children's names. She came home and said "I have such a cute boy name for you IF you ever have a boy." I asked her what it is and she said Rook!

Danielle said...

I feel the same way with our picture taking habit. We went to california a few months ago and came home with over 200 pictures from one trip! Darling pics and post!

trisha said...

aaaa, is that supposed to be a bad picture of you? typical, and beautiful!

Anna said...

Great idea...faces do tell a lot about someone.

Tiffany said...

I love looking through old pictures. That was fun! :)

The Jones Fam said...

You have motivated me to go through our MANY pictures and organize and downsize :) You're right, it's so fun to go back and relive the all the good and bad moments through pictures!