Monday, January 4, 2010

I think we might need to take a picture of this Mom


Rook has grown up alot in the last few months. I'm always amazed at the things he says. Sometimes, though amazing, he can be too smart for his own good.
On the way home from Christmas vacation, Alexa screamed Rook, Rook, Rook until he woke up. He didn't get mad, just looked at her and said. "What LEX?" Then she reached her hand out and said "Han". He took her hand and just let her hold it while we drove. She was as happy as could be. She swung their hands back and forth and giggled. After a while Rook said, "Mom, I think we might need to get a picture of this". You're right Rook. It is sweet.
On one of our nights at my parent's house, Joe and I were having a little discussion. The same "discussion" we have every year at Christmas, it seems, and Rook came up to us and said. "Dad, you need to talk nice to Mom. Mom, you need to talk nice to Dad. If you need help, you can say a prayer, Okay? Does that sound like a great idea?" Yes Rook it does. Thanks for keeping us on our toes and letting us know you hear alot more than we think you do. For good and bad...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he just woke up and was nice to her! What a big boy

trisha said...

How sweet! ...and funny. I love those pay-off moments. Benj likes to regulate our conversations also. I love comparing notes with you on our little guys.

Katrina said...

First of all, I love that she wanted to hold hands with her brother and he didn't even mind that she woke him up.

Second, I love that he noticed that it was a sweet moment and needed to take a picture.

And third, don't you feel so blessed to have sweet reminders that there is always someone listening and that there are times that we can handle things differently? You have such sweet and adorable kids!!

Anna said...

So sweet. Good thing you followed his advice and took the picture - keepsake!

Brittany said...

I just love Rook... he's such a cute kid, and very smart!
Alexa looks so happy holding his hand!

Tamsyn Carter said...

Rook seems so much older than Miles. What a grown-up boy! And such a cute picture.

The Jones Fam said...

That picture is so cute, it looks like Alexa is so happy, and Rook is putting up with it for her sake. It is amazing what our children can teach us!

Audrey said...

Stop.. that is way too sweet.