We're never going to find them I thought. But no, she had moved not too long ago from CA where she ran a daycare and a preschool. She found the blocks right away and asked me how old my kids were. She started pulling things out that Rook "had to have" "just the right thing for his development right now", etc. She just started giving me things. Then she asked about Alexa. I told her I'd been looking for a used dollhouse but they were so expensive. I had noticed she had a small one on the floor. I asked her how much for that one. She said, "oh no, you need this one over here". And behind some more boxes was this huge barbie dollhouse. She just gave it to me. She said she had been very blessed and is very happy to give it to someone who would actually use it. So pretty much I hugged her and gave her all the money I had...$15 and this is what I scored.
3 balls
Dollhouse
Car floor rug
Lincoln Logs
The awesome blocks and beanbags for practicing numbers
4 airplanes
6 Sets of stamps
2 Paint trays--because Alexa needed one too
7 puppets and minnie mouse
dishes and food for their little kitchen, with a grocery basket
lots of dress up clothes for pretend play
5 puzzles
Megablocks legos and truck
toilet training talking bear
Alphabet stencils and animal stencils
And a promise of a another email when she had time to go through more things and make me a pile. Thanks Page!
Well tomorrow is Rook's Birthday Party for turning 3...on Saturday. Here is one of the games we're so excited to play. The kids have to dig in the sandbox to find these items. I bagged most of them so they would be okay in the sand.
You'll have to check back soon to see pictures of the other fun things we did. You can get some great ideas!
12 comments:
WOW! You totally scored! I love it when I find great deals! I hope Rook's party goes well tomorrow... can't wait to hear about it! :)
Seriously, that is awesome! Nice work Maridyn! Have fun with all your new treasures.
SCORE! How cool is that lady? That is so nice .
that's great. I love Craig's list!
That lady rules. She actually sounds like you. You would totally do that for someone too (and probably have)! What goes around comes around huh? Looks like it sure came around!! :) What a fun day.
can't wait to see the party pictures.
You deserve it Mar, I'm so happy for you and your little family! I'm happy that Alexa no longer has to be deprived a Minnie Mouse Doll. Hope the party went well today (I'm sure it did)
Wow! Happy Birthday Rookie! That's enough to keep you smiling for a month! It couldn't have happened to a more deserving person :)
Yeah! Oh, and thanks for taking Joe with you...you never know with Craigslist.
I love a sweet deal. My favorite thing to do after I come home from shopping is to ask my husband, "Guess how much I got this for?" On another note.... I can't believe three years have gone by since our little boys were born (who we were so anxiously and eagerly awaiting:) Have a great party!
Happy birthday to Rook! Big 3-wow!
Oh that is AWESOME! what a nice lady!!
Maridyn, I haven't dropped in on your blog in a long time and was amazed to see how much the kids have grown. They are so dute and what a fun Birthday party!...and your find on Craig's less was amazing. How nice of her!
Post a Comment