Friday, October 16, 2009

I need POCKETS mom

I am often awakened in the morning to the phrase "Mom, I need my pockets on". Rook is obsessed with pockets and putting everything he can fit in them. His pajamas don't have pockets so one of the first things he wants to do is change his clothes. Now his clothes are low enough that he can do it all by himself...but for some reason...everything is better when mom gets out of bed and helps him get dressed.

Rook got a mitt from Play it again sports with the money from Grandma and Grandpa Smith. He was so exicted and is a lefty so we're trying to encourage him early. I know it's hard to tell because his shorts camoflauge so well, but his pockets are stuffed.
Alexa is obsessed with Mr Potato Head. She loves to walk around with the glasses and put them on everything. Just like her little friend Grace. They could have some good times together with these things.

Alexa is also obsessed with Rook. She wants to be just like him and does everything he does. If he plays with tools, she does too. If he throws, kicks, or bounces a ball...she does too. Whatever he is doing, she wants to do. It's cute, but a little hard for Rook sometimes.

Alexa is starting to try to say everything. It's such an exciting time for her and her development.I love it.

Rook got a little glove full of popcorn and candycorn from Ella for his birthday. I found him in the office/guest room pulling out all the popcorn and trying to get to the good stuff. I have no idea where he gets it from.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so funny about the popcorn...does he already have such a mind of his own? So sweet! And they're both soooooooo cute!!

Anonymous said...

that was me, not jonny

Ashby Family said...

Pockets? So cute and funny! I wake up to, "Mommy I want breakfast now!" : P