But every Tuesday I have to entertain the boys for almost 3 hours and sometimes it's pretty hard. Luckily Lunch takes up about 30 minutes and it's nice enough they could play outside. But then I'm out there saying...don't throw sand, please don't hit, play nice, does anyone need to go potty...they're all potty training...
We have a couple of really fun big puzzles that they all like to do. This big one is a dinosaur one. In case anyone doesn't know about Lakeshore Learning, it's a great store with educational toys and school (teacher) supplies. I get my washable paint, puzzles, and some toys there. Rook seems to love them. Some of it can be pricey, but they do offer coupons and have sales. They're just in the west I think. One in Utah, NV, and I don't even know where else, but you can go to their website and see if there's one in your state.
Their next favorite thing is "playing" the piano. Alexa stayed asleep the whole time. She has a noise maker and a fan in her Laundry room bedroom.
The toolbench is a winner too and trains. But they usually go through these all in about 45 minutes. I tried dress-up and coloring, but they didn't really fly. So anyone have any ideas? What do little boys like to do in a small house with a small backyard? When do kids learn hide and seek?
Here is the table runner I made for everyone for Christmas. This year, I'm doing Valentine's ones and I think they'll turn out really cute. I'm totally for hire so if you're looking for a different gift for the mothers and mothers in law who have everything...I can put you on top of the favorite daughter/in law list...I have a Christmas, Fall, 4th of July, Valentine's, and Spring so far.
Or if you live by me and want to learn to make one...I do sewing lessons for free!
6 comments:
I received a book for Christmas last year and it has some pretty fun ideas. It's called "Unplugged Play" 710 games and activities for ages 12 months to 10 years. A couple weeks ago it was on sale at DeseretBook.com for $5.00 and some change. I can't even imagine entertaining 4 two year olds for three hours. -wendy
Wow...I can join your playgroup? That is awesome. I'll have to think on ideas for you. Coloring is great. Mini science experiments are great. Storytime is great. Super-hero capes are great. Toy car races are great.
And your baby is an eating machine. I can't believe it. Is she like 2 years old or something? :)
Love your sewing skills.
I love the Lakeshore Learning store! I could roam around in there for hours! Love all of the pictures and your fabulous table runner... you are one talented lady! :)
Wow that was a busy play group. I love lakeshore learning too! Did you know on Saturdays they do fun free crafts for your kids? Love it! The runners are so cute! I didn't know you made those.
Hmmm, entertaining boys that age is hard because they have small attention spans. My kids can do play dough for hours--really. They love it. They also like making projects with foam stickers, popsicle sticks, and tape. I just turn them loose. I don't recommend getting moon sand. It's supposed to mold and stick like play dough, but it makes huge messes! I rarely if ever have a play group at our house for Isaac because it's just not something people in my neighborhood do, so I don't have many new ideas for you-sorry. As for hiring you to make a table runner for my mom, very tempting! I will keep that in mind.
Hey! Darling family! Great to be back in touch! Will have to come back to read more... :)
Post a Comment