Thursday, February 19, 2009

Will tonight be the night?

Every night I ask myself, will tonight be the night I get to sleep ALL NIGHT LONG? And then my hopes are usually dashed around 5 when ROOK wakes up and wants me to sing him "just one song, please mom" to put him back to sleep. Sometimes he even asks for a hotdog. How did I let this happen? His need to go to the bathroom I think is the culprit. He's torn between going in in his pullup and getting up and going to the potty.

Alexa is a pretty good sleeper, though still struggling a little around 5 also. I just shut my door and go back to sleep when I hear her. Unfortunately sometimes Rook hears her too.

Tonight we had some fun "Hot pockets" that we shared with our neighbors. Kelsie made the salad. We love "Kelsie salad". During the prayer, Rook said, "Thank you for Croutons". I guess my salads are too boring.

Here's my Recipe for Pockets. So easy and good. It's one of Joe's.

2-3 chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
1 c Ricotta Cheese
1/2 c sour cream
1/2 c Parmesan Cheese
2 c shredded Cheddar or Mozzarella Cheese
3-4 cans Crescent Rolls Dough
Salt and Pepper

Season cooked chicken (Taco style with seasonings, green chilies, cilantro or Italian style). Mix all ingredients except dough. It will form a paste. Put about 3 Tablespoons of paste in 2 crescent rolls molded together to form a rolled out rectangle. Fold towards the middle and press the sides. Bake at 350 until brown. About 20 minutes. Dip in Salsa or Spaghetti sauce, depending on how you seasoned your chicken. Yummy!

I'm so glad kids are resilient. Yesterday, they were in the stroller and Rook was soo anxious to get out, he tipped it over and both kids landed on their heads on the driveway. I was sooo worried about Alexa. I found out the things you look for are: Bump, swelling, different sizes pupils, and totally abnormal behavior. Luckily she didn't have any of these. She was just a little crabby, probably with a headache. Tylenol to the rescue.

7 comments:

The Hardy's said...

Hey Joe, I think you'll remember me. I'm Kim Usher. I had to make sure this was the same Joe Weatherly that I know. You look so different in the picture with your 3 brothers and babies. Then I saw a picture of your sweet mom. She was the best teacher. I had her in 4th grade.

I just happened upon your blog while blog hopping. My mom did actually tell me you moved to Vegas, and we're in your 'neck of the woods'.
Anyway, hope your wife doesn't think some weird girl is stalking you but I just had to say hi.

Hope your whole family is doing well. My mom told me about Stephanie. I hope she's doing better. Tell your parents hi for me.

Anonymous said...

I'm making this recipe tonight.

Brittany said...

I promise "that night" will eventaully come! Hang in there! BTW I am definately going to try that recipe... it sounds so yummy and simple! We LOVE simple at our house! Thanks for sharing!:) Oh Rook is superman! I can't believe he rocked the whole stroller over. I hope Alexa is feeling better!

Elizabeth Dover said...

This sounds yummy. I will have to try this. Thanks agian for helping me with my runner this week.

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

Thanks so much for your awesome ideas! I am going to go out and get some puzzles! I think Charly would LOVE them! Also, I was going to ask you, was the Peeing Dolly worth the investment for potty training? (is it the Baby Alive one?) Charly loves the potty, but has yet to execute her ambitions. We usually just sit there for about 2 minutes.:-)

Becky said...

This recipe looks delicious! I'm adding you to my blog list OK! I didn't get your address the other night to send you more info, so maybe you could email it to me? Thanks! My email is savvysavernv@live.com

Unknown said...

Can you just come over and make those for me tonight? They sound dang good!
I hate the "will tonight be the night" Zoe is finally starting to sleep pretty consistantly, I'd better knock on some wood though, I never should of said that, she'll be up at 3am for sure tonight!
BTW, you have super cute kids! I think Alexa must be the spitting image of a little Maridyn