This was our bathroom before the sewage leak...it matched the rest of our house. Joe kept saying our house smelled like poop. And I would look at him and tell him how many poopy diapers I had changed that day...and laugh. Then we found a leak around our toilet in the 1/2 bath downstairs. Whoever laid the wood floor didn't seal the toilet properly and sewage had been seeping out under the floor and eventually came up. So fun...we ripped it up and had to lay something else since we couldn't get wood flooring to match perfectly.
Here is what it looks like now. We did slate and painted the walls red to bring out the tones in the stone. I did it myself...which is normally fine with tile, etc. I feel pretty comfortable. But slate is not the same width from piece to piece. So I'm not super happy with it and how uneven it is. Good thing we're the ones who have to live with it.
Here are a few of my attempts to get my kids' picture together. And you were wondering why I don't do more pictures...I'm horrible. I need some serious tips Marie. Plus, I'm always taking the pictures...so I don't have any of me...fortunately...I look about the SAME as when I got married...except lots of gray hair and not near as many muscles. I seriously need new something...maybe hair.
Alexa's favorite foods right now are HOTDOGS, corn, and rice. She stands up for about 10 seconds before sitting down and clapping about how cool she is.
Rook loves to eat grilled chicken and steak. Good thing I can fool him on the chicken at least. This was Rook's prayer the other night. Hemly Fodder--thank you for head, thank you for shoulders, thank you for knees, thank you for toes, and shoes, and the couch, and the other couch, and then Joe cut him off.
Here's another fun easy recipe that we all like.
Baked Ranch Quesadilla
1 chicken breast, boiled and shredded
1 c cheddar cheese
1/2 c ranch
1/4 c diced green chilies (small can)
1/4 c salsa
1/2 c corn
Mix it all up and put about 1/2 cup on a 9 inch flour tortilla. Fold it in half and place it on a cookie sheet. I got 6 out of mine. Bake it at 375 for 15 minutes. Garnish with sour cream, salsa, and guacamole. Yummy.
5 comments:
You're doing great! Have you seen any cute pictures of the two of my kids together?? That's because there are none and I find it impossible!! haha
I don't have many tips, except that I bribe Maggie like crazy and Magson is too young to throw a fit. Yeah, bribing seems to really do the trick for me. haha
As for the hat pattern, I bought it on Etsy for like $6 and part of the copyright is that I don't just email it out to people--I think. I'll look into it, but I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to do that. But I'll email you the link so you can buy it if you want. :)
Also, there are some great books at the library you can probably check out to find patterns.
I love the slate. Don't worry about it not being even...expect that with slate. Our kitchen floor is slate. I love it. Great job.
I can't believe Alexa's skills. Eating, climbing, closing herself in bathrooms...she's got it all!
Hi Maridyn! Paula sent me your blog. Your kids are adorable! Looks like you are having fun, as always. Send me an email, and I'll send you an invite to my blog (if you are interested). lebonheur76 at hotmail dot com.
I love the bathroom! I am so Brittyn-dependent now, that I could never do stuff like that. Yuck about your bathroom by the way. Too bad you don't live close, I know a guy who cleans that stuff up and makes it look fabulous afterwards! :) Tyler is like Alexa in the tub--stands a lot. I can't get him to sit down, and every time I try to wash his hair, he makes a mad dash to get out of the tub, what a stinker.
The bathroom looks great! I love our slate, when we put it in our house the tile guy said it will be uneven because it is a natural stone. I don't think you can make it even anyway so you did fantastic! Cute kids! Great to be back in touch!
tips for taking pictures of children... get a camera with fast shutter speed and just take tons of shots both with them looking at the camera and just doing random things. Then go back and delete the bad ones. works with my nieces and nephews anyway.
Post a Comment