We had a fabulous time being away from normal life and having Joe all to ourselves. We played lots of games, ate lots of food, and did lots of fun things.
We made candy apples and the kids had so much decorating them and then eating them. We tried to convince them to let us cut theirs up and eat it that way, but both of them wanted to eat it whole and ended up licking off all the chocolate and caramel.
We went hiking in Kolob Canyon mostly because there was an easy hike there. My mom's poor hip is causing her lots of problems and Joe is always in pain...so we thought it would be a great length for everyone. This is before the hike.
During the Hike
While we were hiking Joe put Alexa on his shoulders and started RUNNING. A few low hanging trees decided that she was too beautiful and wanted to take a chunk out of her cheek and nose. We were fortunate it didn't get her eyes.
(After the Hike)
Rook and Joe kept running ahead and then would hide and jump out and scare us...One of those hiding places happen to reach out and scratch the skin right off of Joe's leg...what is a hiking adventure without lots of drama?
While we were there, Joe and I went to the Tuacahn theatre and saw Tarzan. They did a great job singing and the gorillas often would enter the stage from harnesses and ropes up above. It was really good and I enjoyed time with my man. When we got back to my parent's condo, Rook and Alexa were asleep on our bed together. It was too cute.
We went swimming everyday too and Rook sure made his way around the pool. He has turned into a little fish this summer. He loves to dive to pennies and quarters. Alexa loves to swim too, but cries if anyone gets water on her face. At the pool, lots of strangers asked her what happened to her face and with perfect clarity she said, "Daddy put me on his shoulders and the tree scratched my cheek and I got an owie and it hurt".
I would put more pictures of swimming...but Joe took all of the pictures and most of them are closeups of me in my swimsuit...really funny.
I loved seeing my parents again and Lauryn and Jonny were there when we got there so Joe got to meet Lauryn's baby, Layla. She is darling and is growing up fast. My mom would get up with my kids and let me sleep in. I couldn't sleep very well because they were having so much fun I just wanted to listen. They played games and laughed and I was so grateful to have them spend time together.
We came home after church today and it was nice to be home after only 2 hours instead of 6. Of course...someone threw up. Why does someone always have to throw up when we go through the canyon from St. George to Mesquite? This time it was Alexa. That was a first for her. Rook made it through unscathed.
On a side note, my dad and I both finished the Hunger Games series and liked them. I finished the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society too. I had been wanting to read that one and then my sister in law Mattie sent it to me, Thanks again, and It was wonderful.
5 comments:
Wow, you've sure been busy updating! It sounds like your trip to So. Utah was fun! Hiking with kids always seems to be an adventure, I guess hiking with Joe is the same way :) Seriously Maridyn, you can always use my car whenver I'm not using it, just let me know!
Sounds like a fun trip. (Minus the throw up part. yucky! poor thing) I want to see those sexy pictures of you in your swim suit :)
Reading this post made me miss you and your cute kids. I'm so glad you enjoyed your time in st. George. I really wanted to see tarzan. I heard it's amazing. I saw Annie there last year for my birthday. I love the outdoor theatre. Hope you're doing well. :) take care.
Fun trip! The candy apples look very yummy.
your parents are so great!
your kids are so cute!
Post a Comment