Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Alexa the sweet "GiGo"

I'm not sure where the kids came up with "GiGo" pronounced guy go. But they say it all the time in silliness. It's the answer when no other word comes to mind. It's the supercalifragilisticexpialadocious word that makes them giggle when cheering up is in order. It's the most frequently whispered word in the ear for secrets and what does it mean? No idea. But now the neighbors are saying it too. It just must be a fun word or part of an ancient language that only little kids can understand.



Alexa is so in love with her daddy. When he comes home from "WORK"...(rotations) she is on his lap for the rest of the night. No complaints here. She eats dinner on his lap, reads books, brushes teeth, says her prayers, and then has to have mom to cuddle her before bed. No complaints there either. She loves to wave bye bye to Joe on his way out the door and says BYE at least 50 times, while waving her hand. That's the cute ditty of a video.



Alexa is maturing over night it seems. She talks non-stop and says every prayer even if it's not her turn. She just repeats what the person is saying...even guests. She's been sleeping on a twin mattress on the floor...and we finally decided to give her Rook's bed with rails and give him a bed with no rails. Not sure how that's going to work out for him...but she's loving it. She loves to read and is sitting behind me right now "reading" Pinkalicious outloud. She has to accompany me everywhere still and has a tantrum if I go upstairs or downstairs without her. I try to sneak away to grab my phone or the camera. But lucky for me, Rook is in kahootz with her and says..."Alexa, mom just went upstairs...". Her hair grows fast and is so gorgeous. I decided to trim it a couple of weeks ago and I've been mad at myself ever since. She loves to do everything herself...putting on her clothes, brushing her teeth, getting her drinks...it's a hard balance of letting her be independent and actually getting things done.

Another Alexa special is that her finger always seems to find her nose. Rook never put his finger up his nose and Alexa just can't seem to find anything else to do with her fingers. Also whenever I say, "Alexa, please don't take your blanket outside, it will get dirty". She says "No, I won't get it dirty." "No, I don't need to go potty before bed. I won't wet my bed". "I won't drop my dolly in the sandbox"...Everything is "no mom", I can handle it.

Joe let me sleep in on Saturday and when I woke up everyone was gone. I worked out, did laundry, swept and mopped the floor and finished just in time to see them both come in with new toys...I guess he couldn't hack the whining.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Paisley watched the video clip with me and was waving to Alexa the whole time. Cute.
My kids are like a broken record every morning: "Where is daddy?" "Why does daddy have to go to work all the time?" ... as if it is a surprise that he is once again gone in the morning.

The Jones Fam said...

Love that close up pic of her. She is beautiful for sure :) Girls are definitely more drama than boys, but they are so much fun too!

Brittany said...

I love that pictue of her on her bed. SHe is such a pretty and smart little girl. We miss you guys. :)