Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Baby Girl is 2

Alexa turned 2 last Wednesday. Her first 2 years seemed to fly by compared to Rook's. She just did everything so quickly, it seems like they are almost the same age. Here are a few of her "funny things".
"Mom, I need to tell you a secret". She puts her head to my ear and whispers something indistinct and then breaks out into laughter.

"CUDDLE ME MORE!" as I try to put her to bed. Sometimes I cuddle her on the couch and I stroke her hair. Yesterday I said, "Alexa, how did you get such pretty hair?" "From my daddy". We laugh. "Where did you get those pretty eyes?"..."From Daddy". We go on for a while with different facial features and she says she got everything from her daddy. By this point I'm thinking he's brain washed her or something, so I say, "What did you get from your mommy?" She looked at me and said, "my feet". And then I knew she was brainwashed. Or did she really remember all those times I said, "You've got your mama's feet".

Lately she's been asking me "How was it?" for random nothings. I enter a room, "How was it Mommy?" "Um...fine sweetie". "Good". I get off the phone, "How was it mommy?".

For her birthday, we asked her what she wanted for dinner...chicken nuggets. I didn't have any, so we went to McDonalds. They had so much fun playing on the playland.


Later that evening we had a little party with a couple of neighbors. Here is a picture of Alexa wearing everything she's opened so far. Jewelry and purse from the Mendenhalls, socks from us and holding an Arial doll that was in her cake.


Alexa loves the princesses already and has maybe seen 2 princess movies. No idea how she know about all of them. Here is a video of her trying to blow out her candles. I love how they blow between their lips and hardly anything comes out.


Alexa also got some new books, a baby stroller, which I broke trying to close it...it's duct taped now, some new shoes from Grandma and Grandpa Smith, a new coloring book and book from Grandma Weatherly, a new shirt and Dr Kit from McKenlee, and a Princess tea set from Rook.


Joe couldn't wait to have his first tea party with the Princesses. Rook couldn't wait to give everyone a shot.
Her favorite gift was a huge bag of clothes from Ava Schofield. They've been clothing Alexa since she was born. They're moving this week. We're so sad. We will miss you guys!




7 comments:

Katrina said...

Happy Birthday cute Alexa girl. Is it really possible that she is 2? Holy cow!

trisha said...

She's so big and adorable! What a cute little personality (she has always had). I loved reading about it, since I don't get to see her. Can't believe how fast our girls have grown. I wish they could be buddies.

Eryn said...

She is a funny girl! Happy Birthday Alexa!

Brittany said...

Happy Happy Birthday cute girl! I love Alexa. She is so fun and smart. Are you sure she's only 2? BTW miss ya neighbor... I needed baking soda the other day while making cookies and thought... "If only Mar was still up the street!" :)

The Jones Fam said...

I think the cake turned out so cute! Looks like she had a great -day!

Shelese said...

Rook couldn't wait to give everyone a shot. I love it. What a cutie. Your little girl is so cute, and I think she gets it all from her mom of course.

Anna said...

How did I never comment on this?
Now, is Alexa 2 or 7? HA! She should take after me and increase her age when she tells people. jk
Cute girl. So glad you have her.