Monday, July 12, 2010

Kung Fu Rookie can swim

Rook has really been doing some funny things lately, as well as just getting bigger. He figured out how to pop these packing bubbles with his head. My favorite things about this video are his laugh and Alexa trying to copy him.

Rook learned to swim this year. I didn't really do anything specific to teach him, he was just willing to try. It helps that we have a neighborhood pool that we can go to every day. I shot another video of him diving, but the best part about it is Alexa is in the background swimming around getting leaves and bugs out of the pool. She is a serious cleaner. You remember the park? Well she's the same in the pool. She picks up bugs with her bare hands. I'll maybe post that one later...

The kids love to play together and I'm so glad. But they always seem to have the most fun when they're being just a little bit naughty. They love to take out all of their toys at the same time or build a fort with all of the furniture and toys in the living room. It was so cute to hear them make their plans. Rook is the general and Alexa is the drone. They make a pretty good team. The cleaning up afterwards is the painful part..."Mom, there's too much, I can't do it". "Well you'll have to remember that next time you take everything out". I'm so mean.

Here's a fun new blanket I started. It was a baby quilt, but I decided to make it into one for Alexa. I drew a grid and then ironed on all my pieces. 364 pieces and now I have to quilt and bind it, then wash and dry it. I think it will be cute and hope Alexa keeps it forever. Joe has all the quilts his mom made and still uses them.



1 comment:

The Dicksons said...

Mar,
my kids say the same thing when they get ALL their toys out, "I can't do it by myself". my response, "You got it all out by yourself".