Friday, August 20, 2010

Feathers are in this year

I remember when I was 25 or 26 and being dressed in crazy things for wedding receptions and I started joking that I was going to make everyone wear a tiara when I got married. Of course a few years later, everyone was wearing tiaras. Well this year, Feathers are the in thing and I offered to make a wedding cake for a friend's son who is getting married. The bride told me she wanted feathers on it and I couldn't picture it. Her colors were zebra, and hot pink. It was absolutely beautiful. My cake decorating skills aren't the best, but I'm excited to take a class in October with some friends. I really struggle with my edges, but luckily she wasn't super picky and you can always cover alot with the decorations.

Couldn't post without my super kids. They got invited to a "Princess Party". Rook was the only Prince. He did it with style. He's wearing his queen rock group shirt. He insisted on it because a queen is the princess' mom. Yep.

9 comments:

Ashby Family said...

Is there anything crafty you don't do? Love the cake. How did you get that texture on the cake? I've always wanted to take a cake decorating class it sounds like so much fun.

Dixie said...

Way cute! I loved the ripple effect on the sides of the cake. Good work.

Katrina said...

I love that cake! You know me and zebra with pink. LOVE IT!

Brittany said...

You NEVER cease to amaze me! Thx for the pattern, you're the best. Now I just need to find my machine. :) Hope you're doing well! Love ya! Cute kiddos.

charideelund said...

Suppppppper Cute Cake. I love it. You are awesome. Thanks again for everything with Kenlee's B Day

Anna said...

What? When did you get in the cake-making business?! :) I stink at making cupcakes - can't imagine a whole cake, let alone a wedding cake! Pressure!

The Jones Fam said...

The cake turned out great! You amaze me with all of your skills :)

Anna said...

Okay - so I don't remember much of your reception - I was so sick with a sinus infection and being newly pregnant. Cool that you make wedding cakes. You are super talented.

Brooke said...

I agree with everyone, the cake is amazing! You are amazingly talented, women! I would love to take a cake decorating class. Where are you doing the class in October?