Monday, July 19, 2010

I'm frustrating, mom

The kids have this book about emotions and there's a picture and an explanation with each one. Well when Alexa can't do something she comes up to me all flustered and says, "I'm frustrating Mom!". And I say...Yes you are...can I help?


Another little Alexa special lately has been with anything she really wants me to do for her RIGHT THEN...she'll say "I can't do it, I'm too little".


Joe's mom came for a short visit this week. The kids had a great time torturing her and reminding her why it's so nice that we live far away...She read books to them and played games with them and went swimming with them. Brittyn and Becky came this week too with their kids. They stopped on the way to San Diego and on the way back. Our kids had a blast playing together and we had fun playing with B and b. Tyler loved "Grandma" and Alexa would not stop playing with Isaac's "baby John". I put all the boys in Rook's room, Eliza on a blow up in the laundry room, Alexa on a "special bed" in my closet and B and b got the guest room. It worked great. Now all I need is a new couch that has a hideaway bed and I can get another couple all set.

We went to the temple while she was here and she brought a bunch of family names. We were able to do a bunch of sealings and then a bunch of baptisms. Joe was able to baptize us for his own grandma and great grandma, etc. It was thrilling to be sealed and baptized for other Weatherlys and to have Joe do it. We kissed in the font when we were done and one of the witnesses said, "well we don't see that very often down here". The pictures are before and after...wet hair effect.


She and I went to Quiltique, the only quilt shop close by. It was fun. I got my Christmas fabric so I can start on my annual table runners for Christmas gifts. Good thing I finished this quilt. It turned out so cute and it was so easy.



Alexa's birthday is on Wednesday. We're excited to see her grow. She is so sweet and extremely independent. More on her later. Joe was supposed to have his first boards on Wednesday too, but he moved them back a week. Whatever works. I just want them to be done!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, that quilt doesn't look easy, but whatever. Cute kids, as always.....and I'm glad you got to hang out with Brittyn and Becky's family. I don't hang out with them very much and they live really close to me. I'm going to have to do something about that!

Anna said...

Step 1 boards? Good luck.
The quilt is AMAZING.
Fun that you get company to visit. I wish my family would come visit. Special time for your kids to be with their grandma.
Can you believe that our girls are almost 2???

The Jones Fam said...

Wow, I love the new quilt! You never cease to amaze me!

Brittany said...

The quilt looks fabulous! I love it... You did such a great job! It's better than the one on display at the quilt store. Seriously it doesn't look easy... I will for sure need the pattern. Hope summer is treating you well! Lots of sewing and swimming still? How did boards go? I feel for you... I've been there. Enjoy his rotations. Some months you'll see him lots, and some you won't. MIss ya! Talk to you soon. :)

Brittany said...

Yeah that quilt is fabulous! Um it's better than the one on display at he fabric store. I love it! You seriously are so talented. I however, am positive I will need the pattern. I can only hope mine turns out as well as yours! :) Hope your summer is going well. Still lots of sewing and swimming? How did boards go? I feel for you... I've been there. Enjoy his rotations. Some monts you'll see him lots and some you won't. Take care. Talk to you soon! :)

Brittany said...

SOrry I left so many comments. I wrote one and then blogger said it wouldn't complete my request, so I wrote another comment only to find my previous one was already there. Oh well! :) You get double love! Hahaha!