Well here are a few pictures of our fun trip to Utah. The kids and I went so Joe could study. My parents picked us up from the airport and then turned around and left the next day for 3 weeks in Europe. When we went to the airport, I didn't let the kids have anything to drink because I didn't want to worry about loaded diaper, Rook needing to go, etc. So I totally talked up the whole bringing us whatever drink we want and snacks on the plane. Well I still got soaked from Alexa's diaper while we were waiting for our late flight and then the ride was so bumpy they didn't do drink service. My kids were so mad. Alexa was screaming for a drink and nobody could help us. Finally I pulled out all the suckers, candy, anything I could find to try and calm her down. Needless to say, the trip home was easier...and they got spoiled with drinks and snacks.
We had a nice day with some of Joe's family. Tom entertained Rook for at least an hour in the backyard so we could get dinner ready. Rook LOVES Tom. He played baseball, soccer, tag, whatever and then they would take periodic "rests" like the one shown here.
We got to see our friends the Pauls who used to live here but then moved back to Salt Lake for work. Rook and Benjamin are so much alike. Here they are being Darth Vader and Jedi Knight.
After some time in Salt Lake, we flew home and went with Joe to St George to meet my brother Brittyn and his family for some hiking in Zions and a quick visit to the temple. I love this picture of the kids "touching the temple".
We did the longest hike first to the 3 pools, or something like that. We brought our back pack carrier for Alexa and she would NOT ride in it. So she walked about 3 miles and never complained...unless we tried to put her in it or carry her. This hike is only about 1/2 mile to the Weeping Rock. By this time the kids were tired and ready to eat.
While I was in Salt Lake, we tried to create the ultimate cousin experience by spending time with all my siblings and their kids. We did it. And had so much fun, and took no pictures. We did movie night with Rustyn's kids and then Rook played at their house one afternoon. We took Kirstyn's kids to see Dragon and then had dinner with them. We went to church with Brittyn's family and got to see him in action conducting Sacrament Meeting. That was a treat. Plus Becky had a surprise talk...Rook got to go to Sunbeams with Isaac. Then we did FHE the next night with them. With Lauryn, I got to hold Layla 2 times. Alisyn came over several times and my kids got to play with her kids alot. Then right before we left we surprised Corwyn's family at home and my kids jumped on the trampoline, played in the boat, and just had fun being silly. I love my family.
When Alisyn came over, we figured out how to make these car seat covers. She's having her first boy this summer.
It stays on and you can open a flap to see the baby, but don't have to worry about a blanket falling off. Everyone has them down here. It's reversible too.
I made a nursing cover too for Lauryn who had a little girl last month. She is just starting to go out and wanted a cover for church, etc.
.JPG)


Then I made these little "tag blankies" for both Lauryn and Alisyn out of the same fabric for their other stuff. Lots of babies LOVE these little blankets with lots of tags around the sides. Unfortunately mine didn't.
Once again, everything I made was super easy. I can teach you how if you want to learn.
I have like 5 more posts coming...but I have to space them because this one would already be archived if I kept going. One of them is our family pictures...finally! It's taken me at least a year to get something scheduled. I LOVE THEM. Angela Salazar did a great job.
6 comments:
Awesome post! What a fun trip you had. Can't wait to read the other posts coming.
I think you can sew anything! Looks like your trip was fun and I can't wait to here about Europe!
I LOVE the new family photo up top... so cute! Angela did a great job! Looks like Utah was a hit... I'm so glad you had such a good time with your family! :)
Maybe we can make Tad a tag thingy? Nancy is right, you can sew anything! :)
Hey, I did look at all of your pictures and I even wrote down the numbers of all the ones I really liked. (ps I liked them all) Then, I didn't get them sent to you and I think I threw away the paper I wrote it all down on....I'm a bad sister. I do remember that all of Rook's either were really cute or made me laugh. i like the one you picked for the top of your blog.
Your pictures are sooo cute! Rookie looks so handsome. I can't wait to see the rest. I am going to miss Angela. She is amazing, isn't she.
Yeah for family visits.
What - 5 minutes from Hoover? If I had only known/asked. We were in such a hurry that day. Mark had to work Saturday morning, then we had to return his rental car, etc. - so we didn't end up leaving Phoenix until almost noon. My Gma was expecting us for dinner in St. George - so we had to hurry. We only stopped once for a quick lunch and another time at Hoover to stretch our legs (since we were stuck in traffic anyway) - other than that we were just focused on driving and getting there as fast as we could. It would have been so fun to see you in your element there.
We will be in SLC the first part of July. You?
Post a Comment