Introducing Alexa--the beautiful ballerina who walks around all day on her tip toes. Unfortunately I don't think she'll ever pursue it because other kids, and adults I might add, already make comments about her REALLY BIG feet. The poor girl, she gets them from her mother, who got them from her mother and father.
She has perfect form, so I've been told. My friend Britany gave her the nickname and I think it's so fitting and cute. In these pictures she's eating about 5 gogurts. She just gets them out of the fridge, opens them and downs them. She tries her best to push it all up from the bottom, but I usually find 2-3 in the garbage with lots left in it. She gets an A for effort and for choosing something healthy.
Alexa already loves to sew. I have to put my machine way up high or she's finding something she can "sew". Here she has some paper that she calls coupons. "Sew mama".
Here are a few pictures of Alexa from our family photo shoot. And some more fun stories.
Alexa loves to sing the song from 101 Dalmations. It usually comes out as Cruella, Cruella, Cruella, Cruella, Cruella, Cruella, etc.
Alexa loves to try to do things herself. Her favorite thing lately is putting on her shoes. Specifically her jelly shoes from Jaylee. Jaylee is 4 and just outgrew them. Alexa will be 2 in July. They're size 8. If she can't get them on and snapped, she looks up at me and says, "Mama, can't do it." If she gets them on, she jumps up and says, "DID IT!"
Alexa is starting to know her letters really well and knows almost all of the major colors. It's funny to have her be so picky about something like a popsicle. "No, Mama, I want a pink one!"

Nighttime is still tricky with Alexa. She still likes to have a night-time drink and cuddle before she goes to bed. And woah, if I forget she will yell at me until I remember. We sing the "I love ___" song and she likes to sing it to everybody. Uncle Jonny is her first choice lately. Then all of our neighbors. The 3rd line is "When you're not with me, I'm Blue". Alexa sings, "When you're not with me, I'm peek a boo". It's so cute. It makes me laugh everytime. After the I Love you song for 15 people, I tell her it's time for bed and she says, "NO, Cuddle Mama." Then hugs me so tight. I actually love that part so I say "it's time for bed" a lot.
A few of her most common phrases are:
I wanna hold you
Where's Rookie? He's hiding
I need a big girl fork
I wanna go potty
I wanna go potty
I wanna sleep in Rookie's bed
Watch Dumbo?

Alexa is already a clothes freak. She'll just start taking off her clothes and say, "Don't want them". And point to some different ones in her closet, which is still the laundry room, and puts those on, for a while.
Alexa is a great cleaner. We often go the park and instead of playing, she walks around and picks up garbage and throws it away. Um, first of all, gross. I have to distract her just so she'll play and second of all--do I really clean that much? I think I need to clean less and play more.
Well can you guess that I'm in love with my Lexa girl. She is such a fun girl and I'm so thankful she's mine. She makes me smile everyday and I love to spend time with her. Joe just gives her whatever she wants. He can't say no to her. Even if it's 10 minutes before dinner and she's begging for candy. I already said no 5 times and then I see Joe walk over, get something and give it to her. He just shrugs his shoulders at me and says to Lex, "Give daddy big kiss". And she does.
Next Post--Rook the tooth brushing maniac.


7 comments:
She is so cute!! I love that you're getting all this down. She sounds like quite the personality. :)
I don't blame you for being so in love with her--she is so cute and bright!
Holy Canoly! Wait, are you talking about my husband Jonny? Or is there another Jonny? That is so awesome!! Also, we loved the part about "peek-a-boo" It made me and Jonny laugh real hard. We sing that to Layla all the time and Jonny always says, "When you're not with me, I pooh" He likes to change any word that rhymes with pooh, to pooh. (he's singing it right now)
What a sweet post. I loved it! I need to be better about writing specific things down about each one of my kids. I love Alexa... she has such a darling and fun personality! She's also such a smart litte girl! :)
Cute, cute. Can't believe all her words/vocabulary. Awesome. A size 8, really? Paisley is a size 4. :) What a smart little girl you have.
Look at those eyes!
I love all of your new family pics! She is such a fun cute girl! I'm glad I got to watch her this week so she likes me better now :)
Post a Comment