Thaw a frozen bread dough (or make your own dough) and shape into a rectangle in a sprayed cookie sheet. Spread Pizza sauce down the middle, about 3-4 inches wide, and then put your favorite pizza toppings on top. My kids love to put the pepperoni or whatever we're having on it. Then sprinkle (alot) of Mozzarella cheese on top. Cut the corners out of the bread and then cut strips all along both long sides. As shown above. Then fold in the top and bottom and start folding in the sides and pinching them together. As shown below.
Baste with melted butter and sprinkle Parmesan Cheese and a little garlic powder on top. Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes. Voila. So yummy and the kids can make it.
Lots of friends from the 3 different ward splits came together for a fun Egg Hunt at the park. Alexa was so excited to find an egg and start eating whatever was inside. She found a toy snake in one and at first was mad, then loved playing with it all day.
Rook and Isaac only found about 4-6 eggs. Isaac loves orange and would only pick up orange eggs. So the other kids were scooping up all the eggs and Isaac was just passing them by looking for his favorite color. They had a lot of fun. I only had one little basket so poor Rook had to use an empty ice cream container...I hope he won't be scarred for life.
As for Easter morning, my kids were pretty good during conference. They mostly colored and played by themselves. I love our weather in the spring! Rook once again would start naming off apostles when they came on the TV. He forgot Elder Anderson and Elder Christofferson, so we wouldn't let him have any treats.........;) Didn't you LOVE having General Conference on Easter. What an awesome day to really, really think about the Savior's life and resurrection. We loved it.
Okay I hope you're not sick of my blankets and sewing, but here are 2 more I made for babies coming. This neutral one has the same colors as the one I made for Layla, Lauryn's little girl, just more of a hodgepodge style. I looked at these fabrics and thought of girl, but my neighbor thought it was more boy. So I'm interested to hear what you think. I think it can actually go either, but some of my sisters are so adament that any blanket with lots of flowers has to be for a girl, no matter the color. The only fabrics with flowers are the yellow, brown, and red.
7 comments:
Cute blankets once again. I think the one in question is one for a girl. :)
That pizza stromboli thing looks yummy. My kids are going to love making this.
I think any blanket with flowers is for a girl but then again, what do I know about boys :)
I love that bottom blanket. You are so talented. One day, when I have time and money, I am going to show up on your doorstep, wanting you to teach me your skills :)
I agree. The blanket is for a girl. And the stromboli looks great! I can't wait to try it. The quilts are amazing. Good work!
Thanks for the recipe! I'm totally going to make it for dinner.
You are so fun Maridyn! I think it would be so great to have you for a neighbor!
I haven't checked anybody's blog for months,and all I can say is after updating myself on your's... you are the cutest, funnest, mom, girl, seamstress, cooker, etc. I know! and I wish I could see you WAY more often.
love your guts!
Oh, and I can't believe how much hair Alexa has, she is darling!
and p.s. We've decided that Toyota's rock!
Thanks for the strombollie recipe. I need to make that--so yummy! I think the blanket you made is definitely for a girl!
Post a Comment