When we found out we were moving to Florida, I called the RS President down here and she had half the ward looking for a house for us. St. Petersburg is very old and there are a lot of really old houses that you could buy for cheap, but the rent is high, Especially if you are on the water. If you look at a map of St. Petersburg, you can go from the Gulf side to the Tampa Bay side in about 20 minutes.
So we found this house from a member in the ward who decided to move to a bigger rental and they worked it out with their landlord to let us have it. She said it was a great house, in a great area, but not a great school. Most of the people in the neighborhood were going to a new charter school, so we signed Rook up for that. I was more than a little scared, not seeing it, Rook starting Kindergarten, etc. But it's turned out to be a really nice area and better than most of the homes around here.Joe put up the microwave. The kitchen is small, but since he and my dad added some shelves, it's doable.
Looking out from the kitchen is this little nook, probably for the table, but we made it an extension of the kitchen with island and Pantry from Lowe's.
Laundry Room outside the back door in a little add-on. Since the homes are so old, most of the laundry rooms are in the garage or outside somewhere.
Looking out from our kitchen extension, we made this first room the living/dining room. In order to keep Elyn out of the fireplace, we covered it with the piano. Since it hasn't been tuned in over 10 years, we didn't think it would matter.
Off to the left of the table is a nice little bonus room we use as an office and sewing room.
Older Kids bedroom is nice and big. We bunked their beds for the first time. We had 2 sets of bunk beds we were hoping to keep, but there just wasn't room and we had to sell them to pay the bills...Notice the food storage under Alexa's bed.
Kids' bathroom. Shower only.
Elyn's room. Mostly we use it to store all the things that were in the garage since this house doesn't have one. My dad lined the closet with floor to ceiling shelves and it's been nice to have a place to put everything. The bookshelves were already there and are perfect for emergency, food storage, and camping supplies.
Our "Master"bath. Don't know if you can see it, but there's a ceiling fan in it.
Our room has a door to connect to Elyn's room. We think that added on to the original house. We have a tiny closet.
Here's the outside. It's got a little storage shed at the end of the carport. Nice for bikes and tools. My Bike trailer won't fit through the door so we locked it up to a storage shelf we had in NV.
Nice big side yard. Kids love to throw and kick balls there. No backyard.
My favorite thing is the Indoor Mosquito zapper we had to buy since we were getting eaten alive while we slept. As time has gone by, we like it more and more and the kids have plenty of room inside so I can't complain...I mean I stopped complaining...
One last thing we found when we moved here is that we are expecting baby #4. Elyn and the baby will be about 18 months apart. We were hoping for a brother for Rook. We'll see what we get.














7 comments:
loved the update!
Congrats on #4!
oh, & stay cute and fun
Congratulations! My last 2 babies are 18 months apart. I am sure I will love it in a few years :) We miss you guys here but what a fun adventure your cute family gets to have.
I'm following your blog now! We miss you guys! Congrats on baby, hope you have a boy for rookie!
Yay for baby #4!!! I'm so happy for you guys. And your place looks fun too. I'm glad you're all doing well!
Congratulations Maridyn! Hopefully things continue to settle in well at your new location and home. And hopefully you won't be feeling too yucky!
Just catching up on blogs!!! Congratulations on move and expecting baby! How fun! Why did you move to Florida? Maybe if I read old posts, I'll figure it out. :)
Post a Comment