Friday, June 3, 2011

Ode to my Lexa Bree

Alexa is almost 3 and soon to be a big sister. I have to record how she is right now. Darling and Demanding. Helpful and Bossy. Independent and clingy.

Some of my favorite things she does right now are
Reading the hymnbook upside down and pointing to words while she sings whatever.
Talking her way out of anything because her dollies need her.
Talking her way into sucking her thumb because her tummy hurts.
Not letting my through any doorways unless I say "Abre" (Like on Dora).
Using her hands to talk through everything and then swinging them by her sides.
Wanting me to do her hair, but not leaving it in very long.
Having very strong opinions about what she wears.
Finally not having a meltdown when I wash her hair in the bathtub.
Loving spending time with her daddy.


Alexa loved to watch Rook play soccer. She always wanted her own chair, so we bought her a little pink one. She carried it around and could set it up all by herself. Soccer is over now, but when we have Family Night we have a time for "family business". Joe and I would usually just go over our schedules and plan the week together, etc. Well the kids were feeling left out so they asked to share their family business. Alexa's usually goes something like this...
"Mya is coming over on Saturday to play, then I'm going to Rook's soccer game. Then my Visiting Teachers are coming on Tuesday at night and that's all".


Alexa loves her friends. She is usually a very thoughtful friend too. Here she is with McKenlee Lund, holding hands walking down the street. She is always offering food to everyone. Sometimes she still has a hard time sharing, but after some persuasion, she works it out.



STILL infatuated with dolls. Her doll "Mendy" is playing cars with Rook. She often will put her dolls to sleep in the laundry room...which is where she slept for a long time and knows Elyn will be sleeping there. She will tell me to be quiet so I don't wake up the dolls. I took her doll away in the store yesterday because she was hitting Rook with it. I put it in my purse and Alexa was whining for it back. I just kept saying no, she's in timeout. So Alexa looks at me and says "Mom, Mendy is sick. She is going to throw up in your purse and make a huge mess. You'd better let me hold her!"


She creates elaborate stories with her dolls, all by name. This morning she told me they were scared because "they watched a movie in the car with a scary thing that ran into dogs."


Alexa is almost always happy and can melt your heart with her smile. She loves to ride her bike to the park. Rook's old Skuut bike with no pedals. She can go really fast now and balance with her feet off the ground. She is not afraid to ride fast and rides her scooter or tricycle down the driveway and laughs while my heart skips a beat.


Alexa loves to try new things in her hair and is very patient while I do my best to a pathetic end. She usually only lasts a few hours into the night though and comes in and asks me to take everything out.


She went to church with curly hair and I asked her is anyone said how pretty she looked and she said "NO" and hid her head. I"m always telling her how beautiful she is and how gorgeous her hair is. So tonight while Charidee was dying my hair, Alexa said "Mom, your hair is so beautiful".


I remember feeling like I wanted to hold her alot, even when she was asleep because I knew she was going to grow out of the stage of letting me cuddle her all the time. Now I can't get 5 minutes to myself because she wants me to hold her all the time. "cuddle me mommy". It's a little awkward with my huge belly, but she still persists. I know she senses change.


I asked her how will she feel when I have to feed and hold the baby alot. She said "Dad can hold the baby. Rook can hold the baby and I can hold the baby. You don't even need to hold her mom. We can take care of her."

10 comments:

trisha said...

so cute.

Anna said...

Oh my goodness. She is hilarious! Adorable. What a fun character.

Ashby Family said...

Wow she is getting big! 3 already? Its crazy. Love the bit about the doll being sick. Lets hope she always keeps that good imagination : )

Becky said...

Wow, Alexa looks so grown up from when I last saw her. She sounds very nurturing and that will make a great big sister. Eliza still has yet to play with dolls or barbies for more than a few hours every year. Funny thing is, she doesn't have much to do with Ada either. I can't believe you found time to make those cute towels. How do you do it all?

Brittany said...

She is darling and so grown up! And she does have beautiful hair!

Heather said...

She is a cutie! Good luck Mar, how much longer?

LaurynandJonny said...

I can't believe she knows so much already! She is so smart and cute.

Foxs said...

Hope you don't mind I found your blog! Loved reading about your cute kids.

Tiffany said...

How darling!

trisha said...

Waiting....waiting...waiting for exciting update...it's not like you are busy or anything!