This is what I look like today. Poor Rook had to take my picture like 5 times and he cut my head off every time. So I guess it's the belly that counts. I'm 33 weeks and feel like I've grown to my limit. I can't imagine going a full 7 more weeks. But I'm sure everyone feels that way.
Rook took my picture because Joe is taking Step 2 in Philadelphia. Happy Mother's Day to me. Alexa had some bowel obstruction so I gave her some miralax and an enema...bad decision. She's had diarrhea for 2 days and I wouldn't have even gone to church with her except that I was called to be the Relief Society President of our ward today. Happy Mother's Day to me.
I could hear audible gasps and got lots of "poor you" looks. I'm sure it was just the belly that was the most startling. It could have just been me, I mean I have been in Primary for the last 4 years.
When the Bishop came over and called me Joe and I just looked at each other and then after he left I said, Um, I'm an emotional wreck after I have a baby. Joe said, "didn't you feel the power in Bro. Norris' testimony last week?" His wife had a baby about 6 weeks early and she had some complications throughout her entire pregnancy. She is also an early morning seminary teacher. He talked about how they asked their doctor, who is also LDS, if she should quit so she could rest. He said, "absolutely not, you need the blessings."
Well I had felt the power of that testimony and knew that my sweet husband was right. Stretch me a little bit more and I will grow...obviously...note picture above.
After church I got oriented and was given all my "stuff". Then I had a birthday delivery for RS and some of us got together for dinner since our husbands were all gone and then I put my kids to bed and called Joe and now it's 10pm...
So to my sweet Mother and to my sweet Mother in law, who I also forgot to call, I love you. And I wish I could express all the ways your influence has made me what I am. Not the forgetful, stressed out me, but the very best parts of me. Thank you.
10 comments:
Holy cow! RS President! You will do an amazing job. You are fantastic at everything that you do! Congratulations and Good Luck!!
Oh my goodness, Mar. I want to say I'm sorry...but the truth is, I don't know anyone that could do the job better. You are already practically the RS president (emotionally) to a lot of people :) Did that make sense? You are amazing...and you will be amazing! And I'm inspired by your strength and faith, cause if you say yes to this, you have got it!
This doesn't surprise me one bit!! You were a great example to me as we served together and made the transition smooth for me...and honestly you have done it before so you already know a lot of the tricks of the trade! :) Although these may be different people it is The Lord's church and that is the same no matter where you serve. These women need to feel of your powerful testimony and example just like I did! Thanks for being one of the great women in my life! Miss you lots!
Sorry to hear you got called to be R.S.P. Not because you can't do it, but because it's just one more thing. Seems like that's your calling in life--R.S.P. :) Best wishes--in all sincerity. As for your belly--you look small for 33 weeks! Really, you look fantastic! I wish I had looked like that. My abs ended up getting so stretched this time that they are ruined (my doctor concurred). He said it will take about 1 year for my distended belly to "maybe" go back. We sacrifice so much for our little bundles of joy--and frustration. I know you are up to all of your challenges and opportunities, because, well, you are MARIDYN!
I will just say this...I love you! And I know you can do it!
Holy cow Maridyn! Good luck! You will do a great job. You look fantastic. You are a fabulous mother!
OH!MY!
Having worked with you before when you were RS Pres I can honestly say that you will do wonderful, be wonderful. You were the BEST RS Pres I've worked with yet. Seriously. So many times I think back on our Presidency and remember how inspired you were.
Now, I can't imagine receiving this calling right now when your plate is already so full. Seriously. But I know that Heavenly Father will look after you and your family. Rely, rely, rely on your counselors! :)
Wow Mar! I don't even know what to say really.....except just to take it one day at a time. Heavenly Father knows you can do it and I pretty much do too. One day at a time, and it'll all get done! Love ya, mean it!
Oh my goodness that is a mothers day unlike any other! I couldnt think of a person more perfect for the job of relief society prez. You are amazing Mar!
BTW I love your little girls name! So sweet! Take care! xo.
Mar- It's been a long time since I've taken a peak at your blog. It was good to catch up with you and your family. My, how they've grown ...and another on the way and RS President. WOW! I was thinking back and it seemed that each time I would think I was getting life under control, another baby would be on the way or a challenging calling would come my way. I know how you're feeling but also know you are the best and you will do your best in all areas of your life and He will bless you as you continue to bless many others. love, V-
Post a Comment