Saturday, February 19, 2011

Their Little "jobs"

My kids have the sweetest desks that sit in the kitchen by the windows. Some friends in the ward gave them to us right before Christmas and this is a common daily sight at our house. They use the window sills to put the glue, scissors, crayons, etc because the desks aren't flat, but they love them. They both have rolls of paper that come out of the desk on top and cover the desk. If I need to work on something, I get out the glue, scissors, stickers, etc and they make a craft. They are both scissor and glue experts. Notice how close our neighbor's house is.

Another job my kids are so good at is sorting. Besides laundry and dishes, they help me with my baby quilts. I give them some stacks of fabric and they sort them into groups for me. They will stay put for over an hour until it's done. It really saves me time too. It's fun that they will help me and we talk while we "work".

Here's the finished product. I've been making alot of these because they are so easy and you can use scraps.

5 comments:

Anna said...

Love the little desks. So cute. My kids would love them. You make the best quilts - great talent at pairing up fabrics.

Katrina said...

I bet they LOVE those desks. They are going to grow up to be creative just like their Mama :)

The Jones Fam said...

Love the blanket! Those desks are so cute :) You sure are lucky to have such great little helpers :)

Eryn said...

I want one of those vintage quilts. Save me one girl and one boy just in case, please.

Eryn said...

Seriously, I want some of those desks. How perfect.