Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Person Bright and Lovely

Like Sunshine in the Morning, that wakens day from night

Like flowers in the springtime, so colorful and bright

Like Happy songs of Bluebirds, that fill the air with cheer

A person bright and lovely and is my mother dear.

While I was talking to my mom on Mother's Day, I couldn't help but wonder out loud how she stayed sane with 9 kids. I struggle everyday just being nice sometimes, with 2. I realize now, of course the older I get, how wonderful my mother REALLY is. She still teaches me by word and example and I really want to be like her.

Tonight Rook said his prayer and then said, Mom, I want to sing you a song. He sang this Primary song to me and knew every word. I actually think of my kids when I hear the words, except the last phrase. I love these pictures of my kids and if I could put into words how wonderful they are, I think those words would paint them just like this.

3 comments:

MariePhotographie said...

They are so cute!

I know what you mean, my mom had seven and everyday I wonder how she did it so calmly and beautifully.

Sarah said...

LOVE your family photos.

And, I'm totally with you on the kid topic. I babysat an extra two-year-old yesterday. Two two-year-olds is too much for me. I found myself watching the clock and counting the minutes until I could go back to just one. I'm terrible. I'm pretty sure I'm less than half the woman my mother of six is.

Anonymous said...

I have started thinking mom is pretty incredible these last couple of months! I have thought that a lot actually. Your kids are very cute and sweet. I love those pictures too. You are a great mom:)