So my Valentine's wish came true. Luckily Valentine's was on a Sunday and we were busy all day, before I knew it, it was time for bed and my sweet little angels were still angels.
Here's our Valentine's day picture outside our church. Our favorite place to take pictures lately.
Here are Alexa and Rook in February 2010. Alexa's favorite thing this month is her dolly from Christmas. I knew it was only a matter of time before she would love that baby. We got the one from Costco that looked exactly like her.

Rook's favorite thing this month is repentance. He is soooo good at saying he's sorry after he does something wrong. He's gotten lots of practice this month, that's for sure. After 2-3 times of being naughty, I just send him to his room. He comes down a few minutes later and says, "Mom, I need to give you hugs and kisses and tell you I'm sorry". Well, I've decided I can learn alot from his "quick to repent and say you're sorry" routine.


Rook had quite a few outings in the park this month. Here he is with a friend Jasper. Jasper got a cool bike just like Rook's and Rook was trying to show him how to use it.

Jasper got stuck down in the gulley so Rook went down to bail him out. Rook really is a sweet, sweet boy.

So Joe has been studying like crazy and had block exams last week. I've been loving my primary calling. I've had sharing time this whole month and it was on the Atonement so I really had to pray to figure out how to teach it to 75 kids in Jr Primary and then switch it up a little for 75 kids in Sr Primary. I've had some awesome experiences in preparation. Heavenly Father loves his primary kids, that's for sure.



Dinosaurs--You can click to enlarge. They're about 40 inches by 40 inches

The other diagonal one. They have 4 layers. The back is a soft Zebra print, I love!!! The third is a bright solid, the second is a fun flower print with light and dark pinks and the top was a crazy striped one with lots of colors, but primarily pink and black.


Here's our Valentine's day picture outside our church. Our favorite place to take pictures lately.
Here are Alexa and Rook in February 2010. Alexa's favorite thing this month is her dolly from Christmas. I knew it was only a matter of time before she would love that baby. We got the one from Costco that looked exactly like her.
Rook's favorite thing this month is repentance. He is soooo good at saying he's sorry after he does something wrong. He's gotten lots of practice this month, that's for sure. After 2-3 times of being naughty, I just send him to his room. He comes down a few minutes later and says, "Mom, I need to give you hugs and kisses and tell you I'm sorry". Well, I've decided I can learn alot from his "quick to repent and say you're sorry" routine.

Rook had quite a few outings in the park this month. Here he is with a friend Jasper. Jasper got a cool bike just like Rook's and Rook was trying to show him how to use it.

Jasper got stuck down in the gulley so Rook went down to bail him out. Rook really is a sweet, sweet boy.

So Joe has been studying like crazy and had block exams last week. I've been loving my primary calling. I've had sharing time this whole month and it was on the Atonement so I really had to pray to figure out how to teach it to 75 kids in Jr Primary and then switch it up a little for 75 kids in Sr Primary. I've had some awesome experiences in preparation. Heavenly Father loves his primary kids, that's for sure.
I finished my book The Undaunted and need something else to read. I've been trying to exercise at least 3 days a week and I'm feeling it. How do I ever let myself get out of shape? I LOVE LOVE to exercise and I'm just not making the time. It helps that my sewing machine is in the shop, I messed up my "timing" sewing these really thick blankets with the diagonal lines. There are two here you can see. They're really cute, I just have to be more proactive in helping the fabric go through, it's so heavy. So here are some blankets I made this month. Another month gone.
Dinosaurs--You can click to enlarge. They're about 40 inches by 40 inches
The other diagonal one. They have 4 layers. The back is a soft Zebra print, I love!!! The third is a bright solid, the second is a fun flower print with light and dark pinks and the top was a crazy striped one with lots of colors, but primarily pink and black.
FYI, These blankets don't take very long. It's just sewing straight lines...that I draw on. ALso, I don't have a car most days of the week. So I have to find things to keep myself busy. Usually during the day it's all kids and cleaning and playing, but sometimes they let me do fun things, especially when Alexa is asleep.
7 comments:
I am so glad your wish came true! You deserve it!
So did that zebra blanket take you forever? It is so dang cute and looks like a lot of hard work. I am so glad I got to see you for a min yesterday.
Love that family picture. Rook is looking so grown up to me. You've got cute kids! I Love the blankets, you are super super talented. My kids LOVE you... you do such an amazing job in primary! Thank you. :)
Such a cute family! The quilts look great...I'm not at all surprised.
You are a 'sewing machine'! Love all the red for your family Valentine's picture. That doll looks just like Alexa. Ethan also is quick to say he is sorry, but it is usually followed by a request for something or permission to do something - so I'm not sure how sincere his 'I'm sorry' really is! :) Rook is a cute boy.
Love your family picture! What a gorgeous group you are. Your blankets are so fun to see too!
Your blankets will never cease to amaze me! I love all of them, but that girl one with the zebra material is SO cute :) Also, I think that is a way cute pic of your fam on valentines!
I've been sewing blankets like crazy too, maybe it's been the cold weather????? Who knows... but yours turned out so dang cute!
Post a Comment