I LOVE my little family. Here they're riding the tickle train...everyday around 5:15 when Joe gets home from school.
For Valentine's day...I would LOVE to LOVE being a mom ALL DAY LONG. That would be a rare treat. I know I'm supposed to do that already, but I gotta tell ya...I don't usually. By the end of the day, I'm ready to hang up the gloves and pop another BC pill.
Alexa is such a sweet girl. I LOVE her so much. She LOVES to give hugs and kisses and punches and headbutts right to the nose. She LOVES to have tantrums if she doesn't get her way and then LOVES to "Hold me" while she recovers. She LOVES to color, dance, play piano, play chalk, throw sand, read books, and talk nonstop. At her last Dr's appt for 18 months old she weighed 26 lbs and was 33 1/2 inches tall. That's pretty tall.
Rook knows how to be such a sweet boy. And SOMETIMES I even catch him showing me. He LOVES to play, play, play and somehow he associates hitting Alexa with playing. And now he's an expert at lying about it. Nope, I didn't hurt Lex, she just hurt herself, all by herself. (Alexa comes to me with a pouty lower lip and says, "Rook".) My favorite thing about Rook right now is that he is very thankful for things. He is so quick to say "Thank you" for anything I do for him and to others too. Today a neighbor gave us 2 little toy tape measures. Rook kept saying Thank you so much. And as he drove his bike away, he said really loudly, "Mom, that was so nice of him to give us these. We should tell him Thank you". Yep, we already did, we don't need to go do it again.
Joe really is my best friend. I am amazed at how much our life has gotten easier the longer we are married. Joe folds the laundry sooo well and cleans up the kitchen after dinner. Who can complain about that? I really thought marriage was going to be hard forever. It's still hard. But things are getting easier. I've learned to bite my tongue and rephrase things in my mind before I say them outloud...like...I feel upset inside and I don't like feeling this way, can you help me feel better? That works alot better than I'm really mad about...
Every night after I put Alexa to bed she starts yelling at us. If we ignore her it gets louder and louder and until finally she is just screaming/crying. So I go in and she says "I wanna drink, Mama". So I get her a drink and then she goes to sleep immediately. I found myself comparing me to her and how I feel that way sometimes. I scream and cry and I just need a little something and then I'm all better. Sometimes just a hug or a chance to go shopping by myself. Motherhood and marriage is soooo much harder than I thought it would be. It brings out my very best and my very worst. Luckily I am LOVED through it all and LOVE my little family more each struggle.
Happy Valentines's Day to you!
9 comments:
That's a darling picture on the top of your blog! It sounds like maybe life is rough right now? Maybe not, maybe you were just contemplating. What you said about something little when you're upset really made sense though....I'll have to think about that more.
I love reading your blog Maridyn because you tell it how it really is...hard. I'm with you. Marriage is hard work, but not nearly as much as motherhood for me. I never could have imagined how difficult it would be. Challenging in ways I'd never considered. We appreciate most the things we work the hardest for, right? Keep it up. You are an amazing mom. I just know it.
Yep, you make it look so easy, Mar. So your honesty makes the rest of us feel normal :)
Loved this post! Very well put. You are a fabulous mom Mar. You do such a great job with your kids and I am always amazed at how patient you are. BTW I love that picture... Alexa's smile is adorable! :)
I am always so shocked to see pictures of Alexa. She has the cutest little face with so much hair!!! My babies are always bald until they are 2 so to see a cute face with that much hair... I just love it!
I loved this post. I feel you! I am so glad you write about how life really is. I try to do that too. Everybody always knows how I truly feel about everything. I hope you have a wonderful Valentines day!
I LOVE this. It is so true and I can relate in so many ways. Days/motherhood/wife-hood just keep getting better/worse and harder/easier all at the same time. :)
Maridyn,
I have to say that I HEAR YOU on this post. Why isn't this mother thing as easy and enjoyable as I had hoped? I think you are a fabulous mom and do a great job with your kids! But, I totally understnad what you are saying. I have lots of things that I am just "loving" about my kids right now too--and there are some things I really do love also. :) Hang in there and I will try to also!
Oh my......AMEN! And isn't it amazing what little it takes to make us feel better. A walk around the block with my ipod makes me such a better mom and wife. -wendy
Maridyn, you are awesome. I still remember some advice you gave me about marriage: be the first to say it..i love you, i'm sorry, etc. You are full of wisdom, Mrs. Weatherly! I agree that motherhood and wifehood are the hardest things I've ever attempted. They are the most worthwhile things I've ever attempted also.
Joe is one lucky fella, and your two precious children are blessed to be yours!
Post a Comment