Thursday, August 20, 2009

Visit to the Old Mormon Fort and another blanket

We decided that before school started we would do something as a family. So we went to the Children's Museum here in Las Vegas. We walked in and it was $7 for Alexa, $7 for Rook and $8 for me and Joe each. I said No thanks and so we walked across the street to the Old Mormon Fort. The first settlement in Las Vegas. It was $1 for me and Joe. Rook actually had a lot of fun and Alexa just loved running around.

My friend Charidee is due anyday, in fact, she just called me to tell me her water broke while she was on her couch and she didn't want to leave it yucky but she needed to go to the hospital. So I ran over and cleaned it up. What are friends for. Luckily I finished her blanket today. I tried to do some sort of pattern in it, but you can't really see it. So I'm still learning. I should have used a dark solid for the diagonal squares. See if you can even find them.

4 comments:

Anna said...

What? You cleaned her couch...you ARE a nice friend. Cute quilt. Good switch in plans for the cheaper admission prices!

Heather said...

Maridyn, your quilt is darling. Did you hand quilt that thing? I'm impressed (and what a nice friend you are!).

Heather said...

I think machine quilting totally counts! Nice work Maridyn!

Vicki Lynne said...

Sounds like you are enjoying life. We'll have to hit the Mormon fort next time we go through Vegas. Sue Heugly is the new Relief Society President with Heidi and Michelle Abbott as counselors. Good Presidency! It was nice to sneak in on your block and check out your adventures in life.