Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House


We were so excited to go to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House. We tried really hard to prepare Rook and get him excited about the things he would see. We walked in and he was instantly quiet. He pointed to all the pictures and said "There's another picture of Jesus Mom". It was really cute. Alexa was actually quiet too. It's a really good thing that the self guided tour is only about 15 minutes long and very fast paced because as soon as we hit the pavement, I don't know where my sweet kids went...the demons took over.

After we got out we asked Rook what his favorite part was. He said "The baptism". I think his real favorite part were the chocolate chip cookies afterwards. I had to take it away for him to smile in the family picture...of course that one didn't turn out, so notice his cookie and how hard the wind was blowing...

5 comments:

MariePhotographie said...

So cute! I love the pictures!! You and Alexa are such a pretty pair in that last one. :) And Rook makes me laugh!

Katrina said...

I love taking my kids to temple open houses. My girls love the temple so much and I know it is because of these special occasions.

Tiffany said...

I didn't know that you guys were up this way! We went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House during it's first week, so it feels like forever ago, but we loved it too! Hope all is well! :)

The Jones Fam said...

Hey Maridyn, it's Leesha. I found your blog through Charidee's :) Anyway, ours is set to private, but if you want an invite let me know and I'll get your email address.

Nick + Briana said...

That's so cute of Rook! Wish we coulda gone. Reminds me of when we went to the Draper temple open house and my 18 month old nephew moo-ed (sp?) really loud when we walked through the baptismal font and he saw the oxen. It was pretty funny! :)