Thursday, August 20, 2009

Smith Family Reunion

The kids and I went up to Utah again for a Smith Family Reunion this last week. Alexa, of course, got another tooth. Four trips to Utah, 4 teeth. We went to Lagoon, camping, the temple, a water park, and just hung out together. We had so much fun.

Rook and Alexa loved our tent...until the night when it was so freezing they both wanted to be held. Rook went to sleep great and I put a pull up on him just in case. I didn't want to risk him peeing in the sleeping bag. Well about 2 hours after he fell asleep, he woke up screaming and grabbing at his leg...it was sopping wet with pee. The pull-up did basically nothing and since it was so cold, he really had to go. So I changed his clothes, wrapped him and put him in my sleeping bag. Alexa woke up from all the commotion and started screaming...and I held her and together we climbed in Rook's peepee sleeping bag and fell asleep. It was sooo cold. About an hour later, Rook peed again in my sleeping bag. I was begging him to please be quiet, to not wake everybody up again...so I changed him again and wrapped him in a blanket and put him back in my pee pee sleeping bag. Could the morning come any sooner? PLEASE? Alexa woke up again and screamed for a good 15 minutes. It was miserable. But the morning came and we warmed up and survived.

Why did we even go, you ask? Well they had a blast hiking and rafting on the lake. That first night, we make tinfoil dinners (precooked so you only had to heat them through) and they were soo good. THen we had a huge FHE and all the families took a turn doing something. Then we cooked Smores and laughed until everyone went to their tents for the misery to begin. Luckily most of the families had the same fun night we did. But the next morning we made pancakes and eggs and then the kids made crafts and played bingo and then we packed up and went home for more festivities that night at the park.

Isn't my family amazingly big. My parents kept saying over and over...we are 2 happy campers. All 9 kids were there and 27 grandkids, plus one on the way, and most of the spouses. Just Joe, Jonny, and Eric had to be at work and school. We sure missed them.


Brittyn and Becky's family did the Tutty Ta dance.

Corwyn sang a song to "ALL the Single Ladies"...

Rook of course wanted to do the prophets. I wasn't about to sing a solo...so that worked out okay. He help them up and said who they were.
Most of the other families sang a song or did a skit. We really enjoyed being together. I just LOVE my family. I'm so happy and feel really blessed that we love each other and get along and like to hang out together.



Rook was so excited to ride the rides at Lagoon. I didn't really know how he would do, but he wanted to do everything. SOme things even twice. WE left Alexa home with a babysitter and had a blast.







Until next time I see my family...I love you all. Thanks for making our reunion so fun.

2 comments:

Anna said...

What a great time. You have such a great family.

Brandy J. said...

I still can't get over how big Rook is! It looks like you had a great time with your family. I also wanted to thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog. The Dave-ster and I are really excited about our new little peanut (who interestingly enough is now the size of a fist). You never know, we just might be coming to you and Joe for parenting advice very shortly!