Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Alexa turned 1

While in Utah on are latest trip, Alexa turned 1. We had so much fun visiting with cousins and boating, golfing, and relaxing. We took a quick trip up to Idaho too and had fun visiting Weatherly and Whitlock cousins. Of course, I didn't use my camera there at all. We also went rafting on Payson Lake with Grandma and Grandpa Weatherly...only have pictures on our phones for that one. So I'm asking for a better digital camera for Christmas...keep your fingers crossed for me.

Here Alexa is devouring her birthday brownie. She loves her some brownies. I wonder where she gets it from? I love to make brownies in muffin tins. Then I get lots of little bites with the hard crust all the way around. The best frosting is to bring 4 T butter, 1 c sugar, and 1/3 c milk to a boil. Turn it off and then add 1 c choc chips. Stir it all together and it makes a nice drizzle that hardens the longer you wait. I just pour it on all the brownie muffins and viola.



We had a swimming party at my mom's pool and had lots of cousins come. It was so last minute, I wasn't sure anyone would be able to make it, but almost everyone in my family made it. It was sooo fun. Alexa is quite the swimmer. She gets her vest and floaties on and she is gone. Joe is not quite the swimmer...he jumped in with his cell phone in his pocket and that was the end of that. He took mine over for the rest of our trip until our new ones came in the mail. He got a great deal online for Verizon, way, WAY cheaper than in the store.



While we were up, of course we had to do the This is the Place Heritage Park. Rook was in heaven. He got to ride trains, pet animals, ride ponies, and make lots of crafts like an arrowhead, leather something or other, and a candle.



Good thing he's so little...I got him out for real cheap...
This is actually Thanksgiving Point. We went here with Joe's parents and Rook again had a blastola. More pony rides, more petting the animals, and a horse ride. We also hooked up with some friends who live right by here and Rook got his first official Bike. It's a Skuut bike. NO pictures yet of course, but it's the kind with no pedals where he rides it kinda like a scooter and learns to balance. We got a killer deal and he looks so cute trying to ride it. He's still learning and now that we're back, hopefully he'll get some good Father and Son practice time out of Joe before he starts school...next week! AGH!



I finished this cute little blanket while I was up there too. I saw it in alot of the fabric stores when I was up in May and I thought I could make it...well you could too. It was so easy. It's just a rag quilt with flowers on each block. I'll give you the measurements I made up if you wanty to make one.

We got to go boating with my brother Corwyn and our friends from Vegas the Mendenhalls. It was soo much fun. We haven't been boating in forever. It seems like I've been pregnant or just had a baby for the last 4 years. And Joe has been in major pain with his neck and back so we decided this summer was our chance to test the water. We weren't as good as we remembered ourselves being, but it was so fun and sooo nice of my big Bro to take us. Thanks Corn


Joe took this little ditty of Alexa waving hi to him in the pool. No sound but it's so dang cute!

3 comments:

Anna said...

Happy Birthday Alexa! She is darn cute in the pool. Your quilt is amazing, as always!

Unknown said...

Wow! Can you believe how fast that year went! Happy Birthday Alexa! and by the way, you are the cutest, funnest, mom ever! Oh, and I think nicest too :)

Vicki Lynne said...

What a cute family you have!