Well the kids and I took off for Utah for a quick vacation and we had such a fun time. The kids were really good in the car, which is always a bonus. We got to see lots of family and a few friends that I haven't seen in too long.
Here are some highlights.
Grant: Aunt Maridyn, can we play with Rook's cars?
Sisley: No Grant, can we play with Rook and his cars?
They had fun recreating the movie. Rook almost has all the characters. A little obsession of mine.

Let me just hold you while we take this picture.
Rook: NOOOOO I need to go get those balls right now.
Tyler fell asleep in the pool. Now tell me why Alexa won't even fall asleep in a dark quiet room at church?

Some more highlights were a nice picnic at Kirstyn's house with most of the cousins. They have a great backyard with a sport court, bikes, swingset and slide. Rook was pretty brave. Of course no pictures.
We also caught up with the Rushings at their pool. I grew up with them in Memphis and I haven't seen Sonya in years and Shelby just had a baby, #4, so that was nice to visit. Rook of course had to go to the bathroom like 6 times while he was swimming. He hops out, runs to the bathroom, dances, and goes then jumps back in the pool for 5 minutes just to repeat it again. I think when it's cold he feels the need to go more often.
We also got to see my friend, Anna, from the Single's branch days, and her kids. Rook and Ethan had fun tormenting eachother and Alexa had a great time tackling Paisley...with a few hugs in there.
Here are some highlights.
Grant: Aunt Maridyn, can we play with Rook's cars?
Sisley: No Grant, can we play with Rook and his cars?
They had fun recreating the movie. Rook almost has all the characters. A little obsession of mine.
Let me just hold you while we take this picture.
Rook: NOOOOO I need to go get those balls right now.
Tyler fell asleep in the pool. Now tell me why Alexa won't even fall asleep in a dark quiet room at church?
Some more highlights were a nice picnic at Kirstyn's house with most of the cousins. They have a great backyard with a sport court, bikes, swingset and slide. Rook was pretty brave. Of course no pictures.
We also caught up with the Rushings at their pool. I grew up with them in Memphis and I haven't seen Sonya in years and Shelby just had a baby, #4, so that was nice to visit. Rook of course had to go to the bathroom like 6 times while he was swimming. He hops out, runs to the bathroom, dances, and goes then jumps back in the pool for 5 minutes just to repeat it again. I think when it's cold he feels the need to go more often.
We also got to see my friend, Anna, from the Single's branch days, and her kids. Rook and Ethan had fun tormenting eachother and Alexa had a great time tackling Paisley...with a few hugs in there.
Alexa also cut her second tooth. She cut her first one on a trip to Utah too.
Back at home Alexa is back to her usual pull everything out and scatter it across the floor. But now since she can walk...there's more to pull down and lots more chances to fall down. In this picture, she has a gash under her eye and a little bruise on her forehead from a bike pedal to the head...yep.
Here's our cute little walker. The days are even better with Alexa around.
No comments:
Post a Comment