We didn't take any pictures...because we met Joe's brother John and his wife Mattie down there and they took all the pictures. So as soon as I get some...I'll post our fun little adventure.
But here we are after we got back. We're all sporting our fun new t-shirts from Mission Beach.
We called Rook the first night and he came to the phone and said--Hi Mom, I'm having fun with Abigail. Bye.
The second night we called he started crying as soon as he got on the phone--Mom, I need you to come and get me and take me to Rook's house. That was tough. So we didn't call the next night...The last night we called again and he said--Mom, you will come and get me tomorrow and take me to my house.
We got back on Sunday morning around 1030 and rushed to make it to 11am church. Our ward started at 9. We got there just in time and left after the sacrament to go find our kids. We walked in the nursery and Joe went up to Rook and said, "Hey Rook, do you need to go potty?" He looked back and said, no. THen he kept eating his goldfish and crackers. ABout 30 seconds later he said, "I missed you daddy, I missed you mommy". The dad of the family we left them with is one of the nursery leaders and he thought for sure Rook would just break down and cry as soon as he saw us. Well after we got home, for about 4 hours, he just cried and wanted to be held.
Alexa was sitting on one of the chairs in the nursery eating goldfish. I had to double-take when I saw her because she looked so different. So old. It's like she grew 6 months while I was gone. I said "Hi Alexa". SHe just looked at me and then looked away. So sad. I went over and picked her up and she just looked at me. No recognition at all. So sad. I took her into primary with me, where the mom of the family serves with me. SHe wanted to go to her. It was actually really cute. It only took about 10 more minutes and she was back to loving me again. Once we got home she was so excited to be home. She just kept looking back and forth at me and Joe and smiling.
So yeah, pretty much I'd leave them again in a heartbeat. Thanks Ellsworths!
The Ellsworths had this 4wheeler in their garage and they were like, "We're trying to get rid of this thing, do you guys want it?" We both busted up...hello. YES. We take EVERYTHING. Rook has absolutely loved it. He loves to share it with our neighbor too. I don't love it when he wants to ride it to the park, but doesn't want to ride it home...yep. I look pretty silly sitting on it, but whatcha gonna do.
Rook's funny sayings lately--
"Oh my gosh, that's funny mom" (don't love that one)
"Hey everybody! (He looks back and forth at Joe and me and then announces) I have to go poops". Then laughs and runs to the bathroom.
"Don't you talk to me like that" (wonder where he got that)
"Don't say NO to me" (likewise)
"mom, I need you to tickle my neck"
Alexa's funny things lately--
yells for everything--we usually can figure out what she wants, but it's getting old already.
Crawls up the stairs, then turns around to go down backwards (yea), but only makes it halfway and then decides she wants to go up again...or forgets if she was going up or down.
says--mama, nana, night-night.
Loves to eat ground beef
And not so funny thing...she's only taking one nap now...bummer.
6 comments:
I am glad you guys were able to get away. How fun! I have such a hard time leaving my kids. I am such a wimp. I think its because the first time I left them was for 10 days when we went on a cruise to Hawaii. My kids didn't care at all. They loved being with Grandma and Grandpa. It was just too long for me! It ruined me for life :)
Your children are sooo beautiful. I'm glad you guys were able to take a vacation. I'm sure you had a great time. Love ya, mean it
I'm SO happy that you and Joe got to go away for a few days. You'll have to give me some tips on how to do that! :)
Sounds like a great getaway! I LOVE San Diego! Also, thanks for the kind words you left on my blog. We made some great memories in YW didn't we? You have always been a good friend!
I can't wait for the day when I get to leave my kids for a couple days and spend time with just my husband....the guy I used to know before kids and law school:) I'm so glad you two were able to do it because I know how busy Joe is with his school. Ave Maria actually moved the law school from their Ann Arbor campus to their Naples campus, so we're not done...we have two more years. Also, I need your email address. I really though I had it. If you could e-mail it to me that would be great. weedywatson@gmail.com
-wendy
What a fun trip! I'm just wondering when we'll get the guts to do the same thing!
Post a Comment