A friend in the ward had a baby shower and I wanted to try to make a new blanket. So I made this one and it turned out well. I was really nervous about the colors and quilting it on my machine, but it worked. Here's how you make it.
Cut long strips of your fabric in different widths. Then sew the two ends together like an innertube. THen cut different width of strips perpendicularly so you get different shapes and sizes of all the fabrics. Then unpick one seam on each strip at a different place so you get a random pattern.
Another thing I wanted to do was start exercising again. Joe and I started the P90X. It's been going around his school and alot of people are doing it. We did Kenpo first, which is like kick boxing and I was surprised I could do it. I was pretty sore the next day, all in my butt, so that has to be good. Then we did Legs and back. It was a little harder. I could only do 3 pull-ups and I did so many squats that I had bum issues, like after having a baby kind of issues. I felt pretty pathetic.
So the next day I decided to ride my stationary bike. I read the Ensign and rode for an hour. Do you ever pretend like people ask you really hard questions about the church and you have to explain things and you end up bearing your testimony? I found myself doing that like I was on the Oprah show. It was really fun and 60 minutes later I was dripping sweat and feeling good.
The next day I thought, yeah, I'll get on my bike again and go crazy. My bum was so tender from riding it 60 minutes the day before, I couldn't even sit on the seat. So I thought, I'll just do this plyometrics workout on the P90...well it's all jumping and squatting and no matter how hard I tried not to, every time I jumped, I peed my pants. and after I was done...my bum was having issues again. Why is it soo hard to get old? My body is falling apart and I want to exercise and feel good and it's soo painful.
Also Alexa threw up yesterday for the first time ever. It's so sad to have your baby throw up. I layer the sheets on her bed with a water proof barrier in between. So glad I had that yesterday. Three times, I had to pull off the top layer sheet and barrier...and her bed was instantly ready again.
SO pretty much nothing normal about this week...I can't even decide what I want to do to exercise and make it normal. I tell myself to just keep trying and not give up...so Oprah, here I come.
7 comments:
Good for you Maridyn! I know how you feel, especially about problems faced when trying to stay in shape. We are not THAT old yet! ps. I LOVE the blanket and the material you used is SO cute!
Cute blanket. I must not be a wonder seamstress like you cause I don't get your directions! :)
Don't worry about the exercising...at least you are trying, unlike me who thinks exercising my mind will tone my body at the same time! I decided that I was going to start running again (after an 8 year break) and was going strong for about a week and then stopped. ?? Must be my old age...being 38 is hard.
Maridyn,
I loved the quilt. I will have to try that if I ever have extra time. About exercising, I found it is hard to start again because you're body hurts like crazy! But, now that I am over three months into it, consistently, I am so glad I didn't give up and now I love it! I am starting to feel like my old self again--minus the changes my body has gone through due to nursing and child bearing. :) Hang in there!
Mar, you're funny! Remember me when you're famous! I can't imagine you not exercising. Cute quilt!
Ha, you are awesome. I totally call plyometrics "pee-ometrics" to Erik for that same reason. lol!
I completely understand. Having to wait "patiently" while our bodies sssllllooowwwllyy metamorphosize is very frustrating and well, humbling! Right now I am on the other end, just counting down the days when my body will allow me to break a sweat again! I have to keep telling myself, "This baby is worth it, This baby is worth it, This baby is worth it....", but Ahhh!, it is still so tough!!
You are too talented my friend! Love the blanket!
BTW: I have a giveaway on my blog but it ends today. If you get a chance come on over and comment. Everyone is welcome! I am sure you would love her work.
Post a Comment