Monday, April 20, 2009

Rook Rook Rook

So I was tagged for an "Uh-Oh" moment and include a picture if I have one...I don't have a picture because I was too livid to get my camera.
Rook is doing great on the potty and he pretty well goes on his own. He has a little potty and dumps it himself when he's done. Well sometimes, he forgets or is in a hurry and it builds up quite a reservoir. He went into the bathroom and had to go "poo-poo". I heard him pull out the pot and then I heard him say, "Uh-oh mom, I spilled it on the floor". Yea, there was like 2 cups of urine and lots of feces on the floor. I was so mad because he literally dumped it on the floor. I had to put him in his room for 2 reasons...so I wouldn't beat him and so I could clean it up.
Well I pretty much transitioned him to the big toilet after that.


Rook is obsessed with lollipops. Ever since he saw Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and the Child Catcher. He would ask me, "Mom? What's a lollipop?" It's a big sucker. He would walk around and say "A lollipop is a big sucker" in the most random times. I finally found one for Easter and he likes to occasionally lick it...but he doesn't really like it, thank goodness.

I try to prepare Rook for certain things to make them a little easier. For example, I hyped up potty day for a good week in advance so he would know what we were going to do. For General Conference, I wanted to enjoy it as much as I could so I printed out the First Pres and 12 apostles for him to learn. That way when they came on the TV he could say who they were and color their tie, etc. Well he learned them all so fast, I was totally surprised.

A few days ago, we had some friends over to play cards and Rook held up his paper and pointed to one of them and said "Who's this?" Our friend said, "I think that's elder Scott?" and Rook said, "NO, that's elder Hales!" Rook was right. It was pretty funny.

Two other funny Rook things... Rook loves "Aminal Crackers" and everything that's plural has an extra "es" on the end. I love to hear him ask for things like...Can I have some apple sliceses? or Where's my Carses? ANd even...Daddy, will you play racquetseses with me?

4 comments:

MariePhotographie said...

That's pretty impressive that he has the twelve apostles down so well! And I would've been made about the potty bit, too. It seems like I lose my cool the quickest with my kids when it involves urine or the dreadful poo. Speaking of, my girl just peed on the carpet this afternoon! Ick!

Ashby Family said...

Wow, what a little smarty! This is a good example for me because I don't think I help my girls learn about the prophets enough and forget that they are old enough to know and get it! Good job Mommy.

YUCK, YUCK, YUCK on the potty accident. I wouldn't have taken a picture either. (potty training is not my favortie, but then again who does love it?) It made me laugh when you talked about what your response was because you sound just like me : )

Anna said...

Are you the best mom out there or what? Having your 2 year old (Rook is 2, right?) potty trained and knowing the apostles names?!? Two tasks in my book that seem impossible with my 4 year old. Wanna come over? :)

Becky said...

All I can say is "abitious". I am totally impressed that Rook learned all of the apostles names and more impressed that you actually took the time to teach him. That is one area I just can't seem to get myself to do. I would much rather have time to get stuff done than to quiz my children on apostles. I need to re-prioritize!