Friday, April 17, 2009

Spring Break in Utah

So here it is almost 11 pm and I've finally caught up on checking out everyone else's blogs and paid my bills and checked all my emails after being out of town for a week. I still want to post but I'm so tired and my neck is hurting from using my mouse for so long...so I just made one really long post...
We traveled up to Utah for Joe's spring break and we had nice visits with Joe's family and my family. My sister Kirstyn had her 6th baby just before we got there and she is so amazing. We went over for their FHE on Monday night and they have those kids so lined up right. I loved being a part of it and witnessing magic.

Here are my parents...the king and queen of getting adjusted at the chiropractor. They have to wear these weights on their heads and shoulders every day...I think. We had soo much fun spending time with them. We taught them Hand and Foot and had a really nice Easter visit with them.

Rook, Alexa and I got to go to the Children's Museum with Alisyn, Sisley and Mimi. Here are Rook and Sisley being silly and having so much fun.

It was pretty hard to get this picture and it turned out so cute. Rook, Alexa, Mimi, and Sisley on the teeter-totter.

Rook wanted to do everything...even if it was a little too old for him.

Riding on the plastic horse...yee-haw...

We got to visit with almost all of my siblings. Unfortunately I didn't take my camera out with everyone...Here we are with Brittyn and Becky's kids. Eliza, Tyler and Isaac. Mine are the ones who are screaming...

Rook loves his cousins Max and Jacob. We got to visit them too. Joe's sister Stephanie lives in Pleasant Grove and we stopped there on our way to Salt Lake.

Alexa is loving Tom. We got to spend time with Joe's other sister Cassie and her family. Tom was the best big brother babysitter to Rook.

Madison loved to just chase Alexa around and watch her do all her funny things.

I mentioned to my sisters that Alexa didn't have any shoes and all the hand me downs came out of the woodwork. I made it home with 11 pairs of awesome cute shoes for Alexa. I've already tried her in 4 pairs. The girl is going to be stylish.

Today at home, Alexa was finally her happy self again. She got her first tooth while we were out of town and she was sooo crabby. I'm so glad teething is temporary...although it seems continuous for quite a while.
Alexa is still in her prewalking funk. She loves to hold on to everything and push it along. She waves hi and bye and loves to play games. She's starting to want to read books instead of eat them.
Rook is saying the funniest things. He says prayers pretty well now and closes them in the name of Jesus Mr Christ amen. He tells Alexa to "go play by yourself" alot. I wonder where he hears that...He loves to put on all his different big boy unders and just figured out that if you hold a hanger just right you can be like Captain Hook. After I finish this post, I have to go pry it out of his hand so he doesn't stab himself in the middle of the night.
In closing just wanted to say how much I appreciate all those friends and family who have influenced my life and made me who I am. I don't talk to you or see you as often as I'd like, but I love you so much and am thankful that I have made good friends through the years. I had lunch with 2 such friends while I was in Utah and so many memories came back as well as the feelings of respect and admiration for good, righteous women who try to do what's right in this crazy world.

5 comments:

Anna said...

Looks like a great time. You are lucky to live close enough to be able to drive to see your family. What a blessing. Good job taking advantage of a 'spring break' week....you won't always have those. :)
Rook is growing into such a little man. And Alexa is cute as ever.
Missing you.

Elizabeth Dover said...

What a fun family trip. Such fun pictures with the family!

Shelese said...

What a fun post! Looks like you had a blast. Your kids are so cute.

Brittany said...

Wow you've been busy! Sounds like you had a pretty eventful spring break!
Aren't cousins the greatest... my kids LOVE playing with cousins!
Oh and Alexa totally scored in the shoe department! That's awesome!
Your kiddos are so cute!
Thanks for the update. I'm glad you guys had such a great break! :)

Ashby Family said...

Fun trip and aren't hand me downs AWESOME!