Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Kids, Van and Friends


I've been waiting forever it seems like for Rook to just fall asleep doing something. And finally, it happened. He's in the phase of maybe he'll have a nap and maybe he'll just play in his room, AS LONG AS HE STAYS IN HIS ROOM...then I'm happy. And he couldn't decide what he wanted to do this time.

My baby is 6 months old today. I really can't believe it. Mostly because she's been getting up twice a night and I'm getting as much sleep as I did when she was a newborn. She got her first ear infection this last week and she has been sooo sick. It really is heartbreaking to be holding her and feeling her just whimper. I have to wake her up in the middle of the night for her medicine and now she's accustomed to it. I have 2 more nights of medicine and then she gets to cry it out again. She's been eating cereal and I've slowly added some vegetables and the other day I just gave her some cucumber and crackers, since Rook really liked both of those at the beginning and she gummed them to death. She really had a good time. Tonight she tried really hard to eat rice.

Here are some not so great pictures of our beloved "MINI". We love Mini. She's gold, not my first choice, but we still love her. She has those cool sun shades on all the windows that pull up when needed. Okay Joe is totally making fun of my ghetto pictures...so I guess I have to take some better ones tomorrow...if I have it. He LOVES to take it to school...

Rook gets to sit in the back, another bonus. He can't touch Alexa and I can scoot the front seat up so he can't kick it. It's nice and quiet in the driver's seat...

We have this cool DVD player that HAS to have a movie playing at all times...even if we are just going to church and are in the car for less than 5 minutes. Joe has been a really good sport. We traded in our cool Lexus and got our cooler Toyota Sienna. We got a sweet deal at Smith Family Motors. My brothers own their own little dealership specializing in "previously owned Toyotas". SmithFamilyMotors.com for all your automobile needs...tell them Mar sent you.

When we were in Utah I got together with some of my old roommates from BYU. We had such a great time visiting and laughing. From left to right, Brandi lives in Idaho and has 4 kids. Rook has just finished jumping onto her daughter Sadie and they butted heads. Kate lives in Springville and has 3 kids. Me holding traumatized Rook. Shelese lives in Layton and has 4 kids. Lana lives in Cedar Hills and has Gabe. We had such fun memories and caught up. We decided to make it an annual event.
Here's Lex in her fun jumper. The best part of this video is Rook trying to "help" her jump and me "trying" to not reflect how annoyed I am because it's on video.
My kids are so darling. Even when they're sick, I see how special they are. I hope I can teach them to know how special they are.

14 comments:

summer c said...

OMgosh! You got your van!!!!! Yay! Your pics are great! And baby girl is so cute! I could just eat her. LEts get together next week. HEre it is the end of the week again. My life seriously just flies by! I'll call ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mar, I love seeing videos. And the picture of Rook asleep is funny. Hope Alexa is feeling better. Jonny and I are going to NYC this weekend with his sister and bro-in-law. I'll make a good blog on sun or mon. Lylasgtnyc

The LaDuke Justice League said...

Ya, I debated over the snot shot. I was still in the editing process when you posted. Maybe I should take it off, it is gross.
Anyway, your van is super sexy in gold:) I'm sure you're loving it. The picture of Rook asleep on the floor with his animals all in a line--so cute. Lex is a sweetie. Glad you had fun with your roomies, what a great idea.

The Dicksons said...

Mar, i just looked at all your new pictures and Alexa's jumping video. It is weird how fast time flies! Mimi will be 1 in about 2 weeks. Isn't this life such a ride!! Love the van.

mattieweatherly said...

your such a good mom mar.

Brittany said...

I didn't know you had a blog! Hooray! I love the first picture of Rook... priceless! I can't believe Alexa is already 6 months old! She's gotten so big so fast! I'm excited to check back and see what you guys are up to!

Brittany said...

Oh I almost forgot! Congrats on your fabulous new wheels!

Katrina said...

Your baby is huge! Your kids are so darling. I love them. Send me your email and I will invite you to my blog. It is private. My email is Katrinansmith@juno.com

Davenport family said...

Love, Love, Love, your blog! I love your van too! I totally know how it is to have sick kids. I like the part about Rook taking his nap and you saying that you don't care as long as he is in his room. LOL!! I definately need those precious minutes to get something done or have a break. :)!! You are so wonderful and such a great mom!

Unknown said...

It was so fun to see you all again! I hope next time I'll have more time to hang out, it didn't help that I had to bring #1 Drama Queen along. :)
Oh, and I am loving the van! Congrats, I wish our middle row and captains chairs, it would make it so much easier to get to that
3rd row! And hurray for kids sitting far enough apart that they can't touch each other!!

Sarah said...

Loved this post, and love your new ride! You are such a good mom to those two cuties!

Brandy J. said...

Your kids are getting so big and I love the minivan. I told Dave up front (when we were dating) that I wanted a minivan when we had kids -- they are just so practical. Thanks for the kind comment on my blog. I am very blessed to have such a great job, but I'd equally welcome the whole diaper scene in my life right now. :)

Becky said...

I love the new car--hadn't seen it yet. Wow, so many bells and whistles! As bad a wrap as minivans get, I hear there are no better cars for kids! Nice ride! I can't believe how fast Alexa seems to grow up--faster than Tyler it seems. Eating grown up foods already? Wow! Maybe I should try the cucumbers with Tyler--hadn't thought of those. He's turning out to be a picky eater--bummer.

Nick + Briana said...

Your 2 kids are so dang cute! They're totally Weatherlys! Upgrading to a mini van huh?! Very nice!