The other song is the "Wheels on the Bus"...I didn't want anyone to feel guilty for not wanting to open a video on that really long song...so I recorded something else. HA! Every night Rook says the same things about going to bed. I say Night Night and he says: "No get out bed, go time out. No tools right now, no basketball right now, no kitchen right now. Pictures fall down (if he kicks the wall with his feet) and kisses. Again, a study in toddler language. Now that you know what he is saying...it's a brand new day (As Oprah would say).
Another night-time ritual is my sleeptalking. I am getting worse. I am sure there is a name for what I do but I don't know it. The other night for example...
M-Joe, you have to put the Legos to bed. J-Why? M-Because they have to go to bed. And the Blocks. J-Why do we have to put the toys to bed. That's silly. M-it is not, I tell Rook every night to put the toys to bed, like when he's putting them away, they're going to bed. (By this time, Joe is starting to worry about me) J- are you asleep? You're not making any sense. M-Don't be mean, I'm wide awake. Why do you always make fun of me at night? J-should I put the monsters to bed too? M-(after a short pause) well if they're toys, then they need to go to bed too.
A little while later, Alexa woke up, she has been having a hard time sleeping through the night since she got her first cold. I was patting her little bum and I remembered the conversation with Joe and I started laughing so hard. I had to leave her room, which is the laundry room, and go in the bathroom to calm down. Joe and I have been laughing about it ever since.
I fixed my comments box so people can leave comments now. Not that I'm begging, but it is one of my favorite things to do almost daily...when I'm stuck at home without a car and just 2 babies to talk to...
9 comments:
Cute blog!!! Very cute kids. Rook is one handsome little devil and your baby girl is gorgeous. Thanks for the invite...I have been wondering about your cute family and have linked to you blog from others in the ward a few times. We have a blog too that I'd love you to check out. www.timptotimbuktu.blogspot.com
Audrey
Thanks for posting the videos. I lvoe them. How long did it take your computer to upload those? I have tried videos many times and it never seems to work. My favorite is what Rook says at night. Even though my kids know those things, they never do them. . . even if they were to say them. :)
You were right! Your new blog is awesome. I love it! I loved hearing about your sleepwalking..and putting the toys to bed. It made me laugh.
Isn't it amazing that we can understand our children's words when hardly anyone else can understand them? I feel like I'm an interpreter most of the time. I should be getting paid for it.
Rook is so funny with his bedtime words...no tools, no kitchen, etc. Cracks me up.
Mar I love the new blog. john has been telling me I need to go private also. So I will soon if I ever get my act together. I loved the videos! I loved what rooks night time rituals so cute.
We had to put Ava in the Laundry room too when she was younger!!! She kept waking up her sister. The things we do for a good night sleep!
So cute! I had a cousin who used to talk like that in his sleep. I think he grew out of it, so who knows.
Sorry babe. I dont think your are going to "grow" out of your sleep talking....Love you anyhow. Beautiful children!
ok, so it's 1:15 am...Eli is still awake and John is at the library studying for his test on Mon. And just about an hour ago it dawned on me that I have not conversed with an adult for more than an hour or two today. And that's total, not one long conversation. We are a one car family too so it's heaven just to go to the grocery store (and I hate grocery shopping). It sounds like we're in pretty similar situations right now. I spend my days with a two year old and a two month old (and we're inside all day because Ann Arbor has been in the teens and twenties for two weeks now). Then I spend my evenings with a two month old and a t.v. or occasionally a book if I have the energy to read. Thank goodness there's just one week to go for the both of us, then we'll have husbands again:) I'll be thinking about you tomorrow as I'm going through the routine of the day. Hope the week goes by fast!
-wendy
Post a Comment