
This picture is in Rome and it is called the Famous Face of Truth. When you put your hand in the mouth you are required to tell the truth or get bitten. Snakes used to live behind it. Totally safe now. It's famous from the movie Roman Holiday with Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn.
Another good friend and old roommate got married this year. Now I got married at 30 so I now how it feels to see all your friends get married and start having babies while you're still in the dating pool. It's hard. And then I got married and moved to the other side. I still feel like I can relate to my single girlfriends...4 of which I am still praying to find the right one soon...and yet I have 2 kids now and I have more in common with poopy diapers than dressing up to go on a date. Though Joe did take me to the temple on Sat...where we were sealed for lots of other people. SIde note...when we got back, Rook said "Mom, did you go to the temple and marry Dad?" Pretty cute.
It's hard to know what other people have to go through...being single, divorced, widowed, unable to have kids, losing kids or babies, or unhappily married...or just putting up with 2 year olds who talk back and beg for a spanking...challenges and blessings make us all unique and refine us to be worthy to live with Heavenly Father again. We do the best we can and believe we'll be blessed with our lives to turn out the way Heavenly Father intended them to. Our neighbor just lost a baby right before birth. Another neighbor barely saved her baby by going into labor a month early. I can't help but think about Elder Wirthlin's last conference address before he passed away. "Come what may and Love it".
3 comments:
It's crazy all the different challenges life can throw. I'm so glad to know that God has a purpose and life is for our benefit and learning and that it will all work out in the end. Though that's a lot easier said than understood sometimes.
Congrats to your friend!
Congrats to your friends. I try not to lose sight of my single friends...or married friends without kids...they are still the same people that I knew and loved before I got married and had kids. Love your insight into that.
I hope that you are still praying for me! :)
Post a Comment